Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Puddingstone 8/12

Default Puddingstone 8/12

Was out most of the day and managed 10 bass. Nothing above 2 1/2 lbs. 1/4 traps, senkos and Texas rig on the outside edges of weeds. Looks like they blue stoned the lake or whatever they use. Most of the vegetation is gone and what is left isn't very healthy. I hate when they do that as the decaying plant matter consumes oxygen at the worst time of the year. Always worry about a die off. Tons and I mean TONS of shad about the size of a 1/4 trap cruising the edges of what vegetation remains. Was snagging them all day long. RV cove looked terrible with lots a dead, decaying plant material floating. Didn't graph or catch anything offshore in my usual summer spots. Looks like a thermocline at 20'. Not a bad day considering the conditions.

Puddingstone used to known for Bluegill. See any on your journey?

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    I saw 1 dead one floating in the RV cove :( But I know what you mean. Use to be full of them. When bass fishing was slow, we could catch bluegills all day long. Last couple of times we tried, we didn't get a bite. Didn't see anyone from shore catch any either. I was at Perris a week ago and saw a boat anchored of the east Bernasconi Beach killing big bluegills.

Were you in a tube or a boat? i was shore fishing this morning and got three all about a pound and a half..two on a plopper and one on a ika after a missed strike on the plopper...but as you mentioned shad everywhere in nice schools

Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    Was out most of the day and managed 10 bass. Nothing above 2 1/2 lbs. 1/4 traps, senkos and Texas rig on the outside edges of weeds. Looks like they blue stoned the lake or whatever they use. Most of the vegetation is gone and what is left isn't very healthy. I hate when they do that as the decaying plant matter consumes oxygen at the worst time of the year. Always worry about a die off. Tons and I mean TONS of shad about the size of a 1/4 trap cruising the edges of what vegetation remains. Was snagging them all day long. RV cove looked terrible with lots a dead, decaying plant material floating. Didn't graph or catch anything offshore in my usual summer spots. Looks like a thermocline at 20'. Not a bad day considering the conditions.
    I miss the Pudd, it used to be such a nice place to chill.

Quote Originally Posted by dday07 View Post
    Were you in a tube or a boat? i was shore fishing this morning and got three all about a pound and a half..two on a plopper and one on a ika after a missed strike on the plopper...but as you mentioned shad everywhere in nice schools
    Yeah I was on a boat. I think I was the only one for a while at least. I struck out on the plopper. One of the dinks I cought spit out a ika as I landed it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    Yep it sure was years ago, no real big ones but every cast with a meal or red worm under a bobber. My daughter would fish gill with me when she was only four years old. She is forty three now and still remembers those fun times at the pudd.

10 decent bass at the Pudd now adays is a pretty good day,wtg!

Cya Tuna Vic

Nice results, I wasn't so lucky I skunked out trying swimbaits. I'll be there tonight til we get kicked out by the sherrifs

Was out on the sail cove bank early in the morn. Lots of Boils near the dam with big fish crushing shad... Big zero for me but the dude on the boat in front of me was all alone and killing em.