Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Sunday Morning Surf Session with Don and Naka - Wipe Open Calico Bite!

Thumbs up Quick Sunday Morning Surf Session with Don and Naka - Wipe Open Calico Bite!

Sunday 8/7/16 - Had a small window to hit the surf this past Sunday with Don (Bachiboy) and his buddy Naka. So glad I decided to drag my butt out of bed, because the Calico bite was out of control... as good as I've ever seen it from the surf. We hit the sand in the SM Bay around 5:30am and all Hell broke loose. In the grey light we saw bait fish scattering everywhere with big boils from chasing predators. It was pretty much wide open up and down the entire beach for a solid hour. Mostly smaller Checkers, but we got a few in the 5 lbs range. Caught a bunch of short Halibut, Yellow Fin Croaker, Smelt and Mackerel too. Don scored a nice 23.5" legal Halibut (released). I haven't caught one of those in so long. Had lots to do for the rest of my Sunday so I bounced around 9:00am and the boys kept fishing. I heard they continued to kill it for another couple of hours.

It was really nice to get back out there in the suds again. I think I've only hit the surf three times this year. Don & Naka, great sharing the sand with you guys and let's do it again soon...

Here are some pics from our session on Sunday.

Good times!

Whatever life takes away from you, let it go...

Extras...

A nice session with Jeff (Webmaster) on the Kolo a couple of weeks ago.

Played in a charity golf tournament at Pelican Hill a few weeks ago.
    I was looking down at the beach and wishing I brought my surf gear the entire round. Lol

My buddy JoKoy dropped by to show me his new Tesla Model X.

Mom can't handle a Model S anymore, so we ordered her a Model 3.

I took Binh (BadBeat) and his wife Stacy out to lunch on Sunday to celebrate their first baby news... coming soon. Congrats my friends!

On the way home, picked up my new mountain bike to replace my old beat up Trek.
    2016 Intense Tracer 275C Palmer Edition.

Nowadays, people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Be grateful for everything... Someone else is praying for the things you take for granted.

Parting shot:

Romeo is fearless... chased a couple of Raccoons from the backyard last week.

So ... Sunday morning I get a call from Mike Stephanak telling me that his surveillance drone equipped with infrared had detected the lead commander of SWAT dressed in what looked like a crossing guard outfit behind enemy lines.
    I told him to not worry and that it was only recon to gather intel from enemy shallow water forces since the pressure had been eliminated the past few years via a diet of PEA SOUP. I could tell he was bewildered by my reassurance but he complied with my wishes and allowed the interrogation to continue without any interference.

All of that being said....

Awesome job boyz. Im glad you guys had the opportunity to share the sand and ROCKS. Corporal Croaker told me that he was playing "Gonna Get Ya" with Poseidon out on the rocks at low tide and I was glad I decided to spend sunday just relaxing with my daughter on her last day of summer break instead of joining you guys on the invite. No regrets from me because I'm now back in the saddle as far as a reliable car is concerned and I'm looking forward to us hitting the sand real soon guys.

Wonderful report as always Arthur and congrats on the legal flattie Don.

See ya guys soon!

Mike aka Lt Bones

Hi Arthur:

So good to see a solid surf fishing count of fish of the right kind. It's been so long for all of us. You guys had a super time if it. I'm giving your report writing a strong 'A' and your pictures (plus bonus shots) two thumbs up

Congrats and way to get er done Don on the nice legal

Best,

Nick

Wow! I expected to catch some fish but didn't expect it to go off like that. I think the only thing that woulda made it better is if Naka had managed to land one of the two beasts he hooked. I can only imagine the size of a barndoor with a 12" wide tail. No worries Naka, you'll get em next time only they'll be that much bigger. Thanks again guys for sharing a great day!!!

Don

Dang, if you're only gonna hit the sand 3 times in a year........................this is the kind of session to have! Congrats guys, Verne

Great report! Thanks for all the pictures. All I can say is YEE HAA! The only thing better than fishing is catching!

...but still no perch?

Half expected to see a Halco popper on the end of your rod this outing lol. Like seeing you smiling while practicing your art!

Looks like good times fellas.
    I kinda forgot what the beach looks like.
    I am going on Saturday with family, we'll see if anything is going to bite when the water is loaded with people..
    Take care Guys,
    Robert
    <><

Awesome morning session guys,great variety and some quality fish there,thanks for the report!

Cya Tuna Vic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast