Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Pleasant Valley Reservior and River Section Biking

Default Pleasant Valley Reservior and River Section Biking

Are you allowed to ride a bike on the road that parallels the PVR? How about the river from the Power Plant on Gorge Road down to the lake?

Thank you

I believe so. I've seen people on bikes at the dam end on that service road. I would assume it goes all the way to the powerplant off Gorge Road. No reason you couldn't take a bike down from the powerplant as far as I know. I was at the powerplant back in April and don't recall seeing any signs prohibiting bicycles.

John

I see guys park at the power plant and have little trailers on their bikes. Should be fine.

What better way to drag your float tubes up there!

I've seen various float tubers using bikes to get their rigs up there. I think you should be fine.

The answer is yes.... It just can't have any kind of motor. It's a great way to cover a lot of ground fairly quickly...

Only way to go at PVR.

Thank you!

I got stopped and warned they said it was a 150 dollar ticket

Credibility is questionable based on only one other thread posted on and that was all about crap. I do not tube and fish Pleasant valley like I use to but bikes were the norm for many. I never had a problem with the walk even with a tube on my back but all I know is that tricked out bike tube trailers were pretty common.

I have biked in many times, never a problem. Using a cart is the way to go .... rods, tackle, net, food, drinks, a boat load of fish coming back, etc. ... I recommend you start at the power plant (north end). The distance to stocking ramp is about the same, but at my age I truly hate the hill at the south end. Also, do not know if the story is true, but a local told me that during then summer, the dam has a very good LMB bit.