Hello! I have an interesting story about, you guesses it, the idiotic snaggers. Me and my friend decided to head out to Huntington beach pier for a full day of fishing. The day started off pretty good with a bag full of mackeral and a barley short (13-3/4") calico. As the bite slowed, I couldn't help but notice three older men pulling up huge zebra perch, so I walked over to see what was going on. Upon closer inspection, I realized the damn bastards were snagging the spawing perch. In my rage I called out " you better throw it back, youll lose all your S%#t if they catch you snagging". One of the snaggers walked over to me and said "snagging and using bait, its all the same." This really pissed me off. I walked away, and returned to our spot and continued to jig my sabiki rig. I looked over to the snaggers and they were pulling up HUGE zerbra perch left and right, all stuck with a huge trele hook. At this point, my face is firetruck red,because of how angry I was. Without thinking I walked over to the men and almost yellled " you snagg one more and there will be Fish and Game wardens all over you". They're faces turned deep red. I quickly walked away, trying to avoid any possible fight that could have happened. Sure enough the dumb bastards kept snagging 3lb+ perch. Me and my friend picked up our phones and called the fish and game office in Huntington beach. Nobody answered for 4 straight phone calls. Finnaly somebody awnsered and told us that the Wardens would "keep an eye on it". Great. Might as well say "yeah, its not a white sea bass, black sea bass or a lobster, so I really don't care". The moral of the story is: Don't be a dumb ***** and snagg! Tell me what you think about illgeal snaggers.
-Blake
Have a great day