Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jurassic Pond in Mammoth

Default Jurassic Pond in Mammoth

Has anyone ever fished it before with Sierra Drifters?

It's a real deal. Here is the link to their site. Give them a call and get the full skinny, http://sierradrifters.com/jurassic-pond/

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    It's a real deal. Here is the link to their site. Give them a call and get the full skinny, http://sierradrifters.com/jurassic-pond/
    Viejo,

Playing Devil's Advocate, how can the pond be 'private' when a 'navigable waterway' like McGee Creek flows in and out of it? Can't you just exercise California's navigable waterway regulations (Article 10, Section 4) and wade upstream as long as you are not on dry land which constitutes private property?

(Then again, if this were true, the Arcularius section of UO would also not be private, nor would Hot Creek Ranch. In fact, obstruction of the free passage or use of a navigable waterway is a civil offense, Civil Code 3479-3484, so technically, is the barbed wire fence that has been installed upstream on Hot Creek to prevent access to the ranch area illegal?)

You know, I don't know. I believe that they have "ditch" rights that supplies the water to the ponds....just as many do in Bishop and areas going down 395. I just know about it from a Wounded Warrior deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    You know, I don't know. I believe that they have "ditch" rights that supplies the water to the ponds....just as many do in Bishop and areas going down 395. I just know about it from a Wounded Warrior deal.
    Heh...it seems that someone has to do it.

Ill let you guys know how it goes.

Sometimes u get lawyers in the firm that have 5 minutes in their lunch who love to discuss stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Heh...it seems that someone has to do it.

Ill let you guys know how it goes.

Sometimes u get lawyers in the firm that have 5 minutes in their lunch who love to discuss stuff like this.
    Make sure and mention to those lawyers that there is no civil code numbers on the signage. Everybody will have a new favorite fishing hole in the Sierra's once we get the go ahead.

Wanna add in the gate to (little) Walker Lake near Parker Lake? How did the Walker Lake Land and Cattle Co. get a gate so far away from their property line on a public lake that is stocked by the fish and game?
    Anyone with any answers out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Wanna add in the gate to (little) Walker Lake near Parker Lake? How did the Walker Lake Land and Cattle Co. get a gate so far away from their property line on a public lake that is stocked by the fish and game?
    Anyone with any answers out there?
    Probably to protect sensitive habitat. It is part of the national forest lands as I recall. A beautiful lake.

Quote Originally Posted by John Harper View Post
    Probably to protect sensitive habitat.
    Damn Tree Huggers.

Ruining things for everyone.

Has anyone ever fished it tho? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast