Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: How's overall Sierra fishing currently compared to past years?

Default How's overall Sierra fishing currently compared to past years?

Hope you guys don't mind my asking. My son and I have visited Mammoth at least once a year in October for a number of years. We did do a trip in August a couple of years back. In the past two years, fishing has been quite a bit worse for us than prior years. (We use primarily mini-jigs and mostly catch and release.)

However this year, due to work commitments, it is next week or never for this year.

Is fishing any better this year than prior years? And any particular places to visit? We will be staying at Mammoth Lakes area as before but are willing to drive. Any place that requires a beautiful hike is even better...

Thank you in advance for any help. I'd love to hear any encouraging news to make the trip....

UL

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Hope you guys don't mind my asking. My son and I have visited Mammoth at least once a year in October for a number of years. We did do a trip in August a couple of years back. In the past two years, fishing has been quite a bit worse for us than prior years. (We use primarily mini-jigs and mostly catch and release.)

However this year, due to work commitments, it is next week or never for this year.

Is fishing any better this year than prior years? And any particular places to visit? We will be staying at Mammoth Lakes area as before but are willing to drive. Any place that requires a beautiful hike is even better...

Thank you in advance for any help. I'd love to hear any encouraging news to make the trip....

UL

PM sent.....

Thank you.

UL