Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blue Stoning - Aug 4

I stand corrected. However can someone answer why the public was told they would have all kinds of recreation on this water which included body contact(water skiing,jet skiing,swimming,etc.) and then when the project was complete the public was told no body contact?

Quote Originally Posted by NevadaE View Post
    I stand corrected. However can someone answer why the public was told they would have all kinds of recreation on this water which included body contact(water skiing,jet skiing,swimming,etc.) and then when the project was complete the public was told no body contact?
    M.W.D. or D.W.R. they are interchangeable. They are in the business of water (and in some cases power generation) and have no desire to be in the recreation business. They will do anything to get their precious water (money) and if it means misleading the public for financial gain then they will do whatever they can get away with.

You are not wrong you just used the wrong initials.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    M.W.D. or D.W.R. they are interchangeable. They are in the business of water (and in some cases power generation) and have no desire to be in the recreation business. They will do anything to get their precious water (money) and if it means misleading the public for financial gain then they will do whatever they can get away with.

You are not wrong you just used the wrong initials.
    Agreed. From what I've seen, one of the key challenges to continued angler access to bodies of water throughout California is various water departments. These "companies" seem to exist in some grey quasi-private area, and wield an enormous amount of control over various reservoirs and mountain streams, often on public land. Perhaps in other states they work with anglers, but it's not something I've seen here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123