Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Stoning - Aug 4

Interesting that they blame the toxins on the dropping lake level at Elsinore. Silverwood is near full pool, was lowered after filling a couple weeks ago then brought back up last week. Seems to me the constant flushing would diminish the results of the drought when it comes to Silverwood. Also winds have been much greater than norm which it would seem would cause mixing and would diminish stagnant water. Now there are areas where shallower water promotes algae growth I would think so my thinking is that Silverwood does not represent the same conditions that would promote algae growth. Maybe the lack of natural rainfall that flushes all areas of the lake not falling in the last few years is the culprit or maybe like I said they've changed their parameters and like everything else in this world they are trying to protect us like little china dolls.

I wouldn't trust the DWR. I think that they are making something up so that they have more control of the water in these lakes. I remember when Diamond Valley was constructed. They said that would be all kinds of water recreation when it was complete. After the lake was filled they set restrictions on body contact. No waterskiing,jetskiing,swimming,no sit on top kayaks and only sealed waders in floattubes. That kind of crap is why I call them Water Nazis. I am so glad that I moved out of state. Be on the look out for more restrictions on other lakes. California has a lot of great lakes and rivers. I visit them when I can but glad I don't have to deal with the politics.

This is actually pretty surprising to me.I agree with seal,there have been a few seasons where throwing a spook or sammy resulted in drag breaking retrieves.
    Work has kept me away from the lake and fishing the last few months,I was up there the other day and the water actually looked very clear with minimal grass hang ups......
    They treated a few years ago when captain dipstick took over and remember fishing being horrible til fall.
    Last edited by sealclubber; 08-05-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Maybe they should add more mercury to the Wood to help kill off the algae...
    Would sunken cars with batteries in the duct be a good source for the mercury levels already present in the fish, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    Maybe they should add more mercury to the Wood to help kill off the algae...
    Would sunken cars with batteries in the duct be a good source for the mercury levels already present in the fish, perhaps?
    That's what duct fishermen need, structure.

Now there's a fire above Silverwood. Started at Pilot rock went around lake on high ground above outhouse cove now it's progressing down to deep creek drainage area. White smoke now so they might be getting a handle on it. Don't know yet if Silverwood is closed headed that way in a couple minutes.

350+ acres so far.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CpSbNGWUkAAf3_b.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	48848

Doubt there will be any access to Silverwood for a few days.

Silverwood lake is open but no boats are being allowed out on the lake. Tests yesterday came back BAD on toxins and no body contact concerns are causing them not to allow boats on the water. Even with the fire I was there yesterday checking it out, was amazed to see it open should have brought a rod. Sky is full of copters and planes and they are dipping into Silverwood everywhere, Miller, channel, outhouse cove, Chemise etc...
    Last edited by seal; 08-10-2016 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NevadaE View Post
    I wouldn't trust the DWR. I think that they are making something up so that they have more control of the water in these lakes. I remember when Diamond Valley was constructed. They said that would be all kinds of water recreation when it was complete. After the lake was filled they set restrictions on body contact. No waterskiing,jetskiing,swimming,no sit on top kayaks and only sealed waders in floattubes. That kind of crap is why I call them Water Nazis. I am so glad that I moved out of state. Be on the look out for more restrictions on other lakes. California has a lot of great lakes and rivers. I visit them when I can but glad I don't have to deal with the politics.
    DWR (Department of Water Resources) has nothing to do with Diamond Valley operations or rules. Diamond Valley is a MWD (Metropolitan Water District of Southern California) facility. MWD has an allotment of water through the DWR and the State Water Project that they utilize to possibly bank in Diamond Valley.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast