Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Legg Lake-BlueGill Swimbait

Default Legg Lake-BlueGill Swimbait

I caught this one pictured here over the weekend and one other small one on my old BD G2 Shell Cracker lure that I bought 5 years ago. I painted it because I did not like the transparent color that comes on it, so I peeled it off. I fished at Legg the day before with plastics without a bite. Dissatisfied as usual I went back on Sunday at 2pm and caught one in my first 10 minutes on the North end. Then moved to the south lake for a smaller one around 4:30. I also tried with my other jointed freestyle in bluegill pattern with no luck and a lot of weeds. I talked to some other fisherman that was setup for carp, he said there are lots of them around and showed me some pics of some good sized grass carp. Knowing me, I only fish for bass. Also another swimbait thrower was walking the shore but had no luck. Not bad considering it was free and close to home. I throw most of my baits on a round 300 sized Shimano reel and a 7'11" Crucial rod with 20lb. Clear Pline CXX. I have more post on another site for Swimbaiters, same handle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3034.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	48843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3033.jpg 
Views:	679 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	48842

Pretty cool looking bait,nice bass too,been meaning to get to Legg Lake for a little excercise and some bass fishing,thanks for the report!

Cya Tuna Vic