Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: English springs park

This palaver is leading to claptrap

I don't have a dog in this fight as I don't live in the area and have never been to this park. But just doing a google search typing in "english springs park fishing". The first few items that come up do mention NO FISHING.. And the 12th pic that pops up under images is the No Fishing sign... Seems pretty cut and dry here...

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    Like what everyone is saying no penal code they can't do any to you.

I. Just. Can't.

Quote Originally Posted by inthezone View Post
    can you ever fish illegally in California? article 1 section 25 says that you have the rights to fish on public land therefore he is not breaking the law and whoever writes the ticket is actually breaking the because they took an oath to protect the Constitution?
    Yes please use this logic I am sure there will never be any repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Yes please use this logic I am sure there will never be any repercussions.
    yes I think you are right. I have already use it and won my case in court...everytime I get stop for fishing and bring this up, for some reason the authorities seems to get mad for an unknown reason.

Quote Originally Posted by inthezone View Post
    yes I think you are right. I have already use it and won my case in court...
    There you go, Seal.

Lake Matthews run!! Then we invade the MLPAs.

Who's all down?!

honestly who is the real criminal? the fisherman who is practicing their California constitution rights or the authorities who is violating the Fisherman's right when they took an oath to protect the constitution? hahahahah you tell me.

"ARTICLE I DECLARATION OF RIGHTS [SECTION 1 - SEC. 31] ( Article 1 adopted 1879. )

Section 25.
    The people shall have the right to fish upon and from the public lands of the State and in the waters thereof, excepting upon lands set aside for fish hatcheries, and no land owned by the State shall ever be sold or transferred without reserving in the people the absolute right to fish thereupon; and no law shall ever be passed making it a crime for the people to enter upon the public lands within this State for the purpose of fishing in any water containing fish that have been planted therein by the State; provided, that the legislature may by statute, provide for the season when and the conditions under which the different species of fish may be taken."

English Springs Park has never been in "state land". It went from a Spanish Land Grant, to private ownership, to housing development, to donation to the City of Chino Hills. It never receives any stocking from the state. The no fishing regulation is a city municipal code, not state penal code.
    Don't know why anyone would want to fish it. It's a 2' deep cement duck pond with a fountain at one end.

FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE CONSTITUTION:

The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual’s religious practices. It guarantees freedom of expression by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely.
    Does that mean I can yell "fire!" in a crowded theater then go telling the judge that he's violating my 1st amendment rights because the 1st Amendment lets me speak freely? Please tell me you read the second paragraph in that civics class you took.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Does that mean I can yell "fire!" in a crowded theater then go telling the judge that he's violating my 1st amendment rights because the 1st Amendment lets me speak freely? Please tell me you read the second paragraph in that civics class you took.

why don't you try it and let me know. all I know is that I've used article 1 section 25 in court and the judge closed my case with no questions asked.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345