Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It is alive! Well sort of...

Thought the land around the lake was donated to the County Parks Department?

It was donated and I am hoping the wildlife population will prevent building homes.

Are you kidding me, houses?! It will take 15 years of environmental impact reports before they could even BEGIN to THINK about building out that area. This isn't Texas, where it's still a free country and you can just build something on your own land that you pay property taxes on. This is The People's Republic of Kalifornistan! Not to mention, who wants to live on top of/adjacent to a LANDFILL? Let's not all forget what lies northwest of the dam area...
    I think the only houses we're gonna see around the lake for awhile is the one right there next to Sierra Cove.

If the lake does reopen for fishing I'm going on opening day and anchoring on Rocky Point all day in a rental boat

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    Are you kidding me, houses?! It will take 15 years of environmental impact reports before they could even BEGIN to THINK about building out that area. This isn't Texas, where it's still a free country and you can just build something on your own land that you pay property taxes on. This is The People's Republic of Kalifornistan! Not to mention, who wants to live on top of/adjacent to a LANDFILL? Let's not all forget what lies northwest of the dam area...
    I think the only houses we're gonna see around the lake for awhile is the one right there next to Sierra Cove.
    Massive project most likely going into a very sensitive area by Silverwood lake at the Las Flores ranch and Mohave river basin. Somehow they got the EIR passed in this case and I guarantee you there are sensitive and protected animals in this very unique area. If they want to build at Irvine and there is money to be made they will. Kalifornia tries to portray itself as environmentally friendly until the money is stuffed into the correct pockets then all of those environmental concerns magically disappear. Yes it may take a while but if it's in the works chances are the lake will never reopen to the general public.

I heard from reliable source that the people that run santa ana river lakes are going to take over. But it wont happen for another year or year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodbass View Post
    I heard from reliable source that the people that run santa ana river lakes are going to take over. But it wont happen for another year or year and a half.
    That would be AWESOME. They used to have the concession at Irvine Lake, would be great to have them back. Imagine reporting on a load of ten-lb trout going into the lake that actually DID go into the lake?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Massive project most likely going into a very sensitive area by Silverwood lake at the Las Flores ranch and Mohave river basin. Somehow they got the EIR passed in this case and I guarantee you there are sensitive and protected animals in this very unique area. If they want to build at Irvine and there is money to be made they will. Kalifornia tries to portray itself as environmentally friendly until the money is stuffed into the correct pockets then all of those environmental concerns magically disappear. Yes it may take a while but if it's in the works chances are the lake will never reopen to the general public.
    Very true. It's surprising how certain EIRs move very quickly when there is a nice profit to be made, and little public opposition.

I stopped and looked at the lake last weekend and man what I'd do to be able to fish all of the cornered fish in that little pond.
    With ALL of the fish pushed to the end of the lake and the lake only goes about halfway from Sierra Cove to the flats and about half it's usual width as well.
    A lot of hungry captive fish in a very congested little area. My bet is a bass per cast in that pond right now.
    There's always night time ninja fishing for the not too bright and aware of mountain lions crew...lol

What a shame the lake has been there for ever, this picture was shot 2/25/2016. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen-Shot-2016-02-25-at-6_08_40-PM.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	48844

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast