Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Sharing on Tazmanian Devils

Default Sharing on Tazmanian Devils

They seem top be the hot ... or hot-selling lure

How have they done for you.

What I've heard and learned are to get the 13.5 size ... throw away the "useless wire insert" (as 1 guide stated) ... put a bead on the front and the back and tied direct to the hook. Oh, BTW, "replace the hooks"

I believe the suggested hook is a Stinger

Anybody heard what size? I don't have something to compare sizes ... to figure it out myself. FOUND OUT the size ... but nobody wants to post or is interested

Best lure is bleeding frog ... and Black Thunder. I got some good action on Crowley and Bport Res myself.

Haven't tried the bigger or smaller sizes ... although I have a few of the big ones.

How about speed? Any difference than other lures?

Anybody tried casting them ... creeks or river success?

Thanks for any info you can share.
    Last edited by billy b; 08-11-2016 at 04:23 PM.

So ... nobody uses Taz's ??

LMAO

I used the bleeding frog one rigged like you described about 5 years ago in several Eastern Sierra lakes...worked great on the rainbows when flat line trolled.

I find this thread interesting. I've not had much success with it. Trolled twice but other trolling lures such as Needlefish kept producing more for me. I have a nice stack of these Tazs and would love to have confidence in them.

Love to hear more discussion.

I'm told Yellow Sunset is a good color.

Tried em' a couple of years ago but out fished them with 502 Super Dupers flat lined out the back of the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    I used the bleeding frog one rigged like you described about 5 years ago in several Eastern Sierra lakes...worked great on the rainbows when flat line trolled.
    Didn't know they were 5 years old ... I just heard of them in the last 1-2 years ... always learning something new

Never heard of fly lining them ... any weight added?

I"ve heard good about Yellow Sunset from Convict pub

Which Nfish do you like best?

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    Didn't know they were 5 years old ... I just heard of them in the last 1-2 years ... always learning something new

Never heard of fly lining them ... any weight added?
    If I remember right I think I was trolling with leadcore line, so I guess it wasn't flat lining...and it was about 5 years ago...bought it in a tackle store in Bishop...it was supposed to be the latest and greatest, and it worked well. I brought it to Pyramid Lake NV this spring intending to try it on the Lahontans, but never got around to it...maybe next year?
    Last edited by Stumpknocker; 08-12-2016 at 03:45 PM.

I'm REALLY interested in Pyramid,NV. I don't like that far away. Any tips? Got a guide to suggest ... motel ... dining? Anything will be MUCH appreciated!!

Thanks MUCH

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    I'm REALLY interested in Pyramid,NV. I don't like that far away. Any tips? Got a guide to suggest ... motel ... dining? Anything will be MUCH appreciated!!

Thanks MUCH
    Check your personal messages.