Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Jenks lake??

Default Jenks lake??

Has anyone been? Haven't heard much this year...

A family friend frequents that area and the lake regularly. Apparently, the lake captured quite a bit of ash from a recent fire and it caused havoc on the fishery. Due to that, the lake was drawn way down and no plants were done this year. As of now, the water is being put in very slowly, but I don't know if they're planning on doing any plants this year. Only small bass were seen by my friends when they visited a few weeks ago. They did take a few trout out of the river near by though.

Quote Originally Posted by bass413 View Post
    A family friend frequents that area and the lake regularly. Apparently, the lake captured quite a bit of ash from a recent fire and it caused havoc on the fishery. Due to that, the lake was drawn way down and no plants were done this year. As of now, the water is being put in very slowly, but I don't know if they're planning on doing any plants this year. Only small bass were seen by my friends when they visited a few weeks ago. They did take a few trout out of the river near by though.
    Great, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by bass413 View Post
    I went up to JEnKs last week on a float tube and it was pretty tough. Although I only fished for a few hours before closing I only manage 2 trout and loads of little bass. Few other people fishing on kayaks and tube also had no luck. If you go on there Facebook I heard they post stocking dates. Just remember the lake closes at 6pm, which I thought was always at sunset. Good luck and post anything else you hear or if they stock, it's a fun lake to float tube, if all fails you can pay to fish at green valley, I think the lake record trout just got caught over 10 lbs.

GVL has been slow. The water is warm and also very crowded. I have been driving and hitting the Sierras which have been very rewarding with a few GVL days here and there. Nothin like the sierras! Hit Rock Creek Lake. Great fishing. Then the next day, hiked Little Lakes and caught brookies and German Browns. Amazing. Hopefully GVL picks up their stockings of trout. Ridiculous that people have to pay $15 and they only stock once every two weeks. And they make it a big deal when they stock 500 to 1000 pounds.
    Last edited by The Walking Trout; 08-02-2016 at 10:08 AM.

Hit up Jenks just for the fun of getting outside. The weeds are thick and go out pretty far. My wife, daughter, and I just had some lunch and caught 5-6 little bass and bluegill. Was mid day so nobody was catching anything of any size. Had a nice time out on the water!

Nice place to visit in the summer months catching fish or not, nice and cool with lots of shade bring a lunch and enjoy.