Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: A Swell Time on the El Dorado...

Default A Swell Time on the El Dorado...

Went to San Clemente Friday on the El Dorado with a buddy... and 39 other anglers. Stopped and picked up squid. No anchovies this trip

First stop Saturday morning saw big swells, a couple small yellows and a couple black bass. Nailed my pb smashed knee getting throw against the bow. kinda a bummer way to start the day.

Capt moved us into grease slick water. Boat scratched out a few mini-yellows, some calicos, assorted rock fish, blue perch a couple nice sheepsheads and a mess of whitefish.

Moved again. Got my only yellowtail - cute lil' 8lber. Several schools of big bone-heads moved through. Had fun trying to wrestle those things in before the dogs got to 'em.

on the drive back came across a massive boil of cow bluefin. one guy managed to hook up on an iron, fought the fish for two + hours and lost it at the rail.

All-in-all and underwhelming trip... but still pretty dang fun.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Nailed my pb smashed knee
    Didya win the jack(ed up knee) pot?