Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Yak attack @ San Diego

Default Yak attack @ San Diego

I live in the Coachella Valley and I want to get in on some ocean yaking from the San Diego area. So I need some basic info from anyone that's willing to help. Looking for 2 or 3 potential launch locations. Need to know where I can get bait and how to keep it fresh. Would like info from the experienced about current and typical drift patterns in that area. Also any boating regs that might come into play besides the usual. I would really enjoy going out with others that are hitting the water as well. I have a 14' tandem perception that I've had on the ocean a few times now. Works ok as a single or double since the front seat slides to get weight distribution correct. I'm also interested in going with a group that is going out on a power boat to reach a little further out.

Ideas? Suggestions?

MRA

Wow! With your title, I thought someone had been attacked in San Diego by a long-haired Tibetan bovid. Actually I did think of a Sea Lion or shark going after a kayaker in the harbor… Sorry I can't help you with any info, I'm not a kayaker.
    You should try this float tube and kayaking website/forum. These guys will no doubt have an answer for you..

http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

So I get points for drama? Hmmm. Well thanks for offering some info anyway.