Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Av duct heating up

Default Av duct heating up

Went to the duct out west for a little bait and wait.. Didn't have to wait long time min after throwing the first bait in the water and the rod doubles over and the fight is on drag screaming I feel the weight then about 2 to 3 minutes into the fight the hook pulls.. dammm I'm a little bitter but what do you do but throw out some more bait the about 20 minutes later rod goes bendo again this time he stays hooked after about a minute or out comes about a 5 or 6 lbs cat.. so I do it all over again for nothing about 30 min later I change to fresh bait and there goes the rod doubled over again this time the fight is different it's not the time rolling of the cat fish this one is pulling drag after about 4 min up comes a nice striper not sure of the weight but my personal best out of the duct..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160717_170329.jpg 
Views:	714 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	48739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160717_162933.jpg 
Views:	562 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	48740

Good job. I have been wanting to fish the duct. Don't want you to give up your secret spot, but could you please tell me where's a decent area to catch kitties at on the duct. Thanks. Also what was the live bait that the stripper liked. Thanks

Any where from barrel Springs to quail lake for kitties and the striper was NOT caught on live bait was caught on the same bait that the kitty was caught on..

Nicely done !

How do you rig your bait in this current?

I use a Carolina rig withe 3/4 Oz

How does it not move straight back to shore? My buddy was throwin 2 oz pyramids and still swept up along to shore

Ithe never goes all the way up the side.. and from the time I have put in at the duct when the water flows like that the fish swim the banks looking for an easy meal.. not say they all do but that is how I have always caught mine I have tried the pyramid sinkers to I find the sliding sinkers work best for me.. you can also try fish before the turns in the duct so your bait is away from the sides.. but try the Carolina rig throw almost all the way across and count to 25 that how I do it so the bait is down and away from you and it will settle in the slack water..
    Last edited by fish aholic; 07-23-2016 at 08:30 PM.

The AV duct must have cooled down must have cooled down as I fished yesterday morning and couldn't get anything. Thought I had a few odd bumps on the fluke, but nothing to show for it.
    Started at 234th west (gates were wide open) and worked east 6:00 AM - 9:30 AM. Bait and wait and throwing the zoom fluke.