Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Kayaks ?

Default Kayaks ?

Does anyboy from the antelope Valley use a Kayak to fish and where do yo go?

I'm not from the AV but a little closer to nowhere. While I lived in Barstow I did lots of yak fishing at Lake Isabella. I love the Kern River Valley and the lake always turns up surprises. Was a long drive, but worth it if you really want to be able to choose from a variety of shoreline location to put in. Full services area and good camping right on the lake shore. Go during the week and there won't be too much traffic on the lake either. Respect the weather pattern. Wind comes in between 11 and 1 and stays till sunset if there is any at all.

I live in the San Fernando Valley and used to yak fish and would take my kayak up to Lake Isabella or Castaic Lagoon. You can also try Buena Vista Lakes or if you want launch for free in a swimming pool go to Hansen Dam. I guess the bigger concern is how much water and fish are left in these lakes. Good luck out there!