Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any word on the Stripers? Any boils? Anything?

Default Any word on the Stripers? Any boils? Anything?

Wondering where the stripers went?....are the cut baiters even gettin any?

Things are pretty slow. I've seen a few boils mid morning but the fish are really spooky, and the boils don't last long. Trolling has been slow, producing just a couple fish per trip. Liver chuckers are doing a little better but even they are struggling.

I can attest to what Pat is saying. I fished yesterday from 6:00AM until noon. We caught 1 at the inlet in the 1st 15 minutes and then the striper bite(?) was over. Bass fishing wasn't any better. It's been like this for the last couple of months. The good news is the lake is close to full with a water temp of 80. Perfect for that afternoon dip.

Thanks for the info pat! I just want that striper bite to pick back up like the good ol days.

Haha hopefully it picks up soon. It's just weird to me that everyone's metering them but can't really catch them? I wonder what there feeding on and not biting?

I was smashing stripers in the Marina from shore with top water.... 10-12pm

Seriously?..... Stripers biting how many u get

I picked up 4 in the two hours with one that came off.

One early bite trips are what a lot of my Skinner trips were like 4-5 years ago. I'd get an immediate hit, maybe cruise by the same spot and get a second, and then nothing for hours. It's really weird, but it happens to me at Silverwood sometimes also. Makes me wish we could launch an hour earlier and see if there's a bite to be had for a full hour before opening...

It has been a hit and miss thing. A boil may or may not come up in any given area. It may last 10 minutes or 2 hours. 2 fish per hour is sure better than nada but not wide open. Glad you got yours though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast