Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: The Durdy Daug goes to Cambria .

Default The Durdy Daug goes to Cambria .

A little cold up here, time for a little R&R. Bought 4 pieces of art for my man cave, got 4 classics Harley Davidson metal art for the walls. Presently looking for a contractor to put in tile in a couple of rooms as well as preparing a new boat parking pad... 35 X 15 feet. Additionally having some electrical done at the rental house. Well we have a room with a view of the Pacific, went out last night and recorded the sounds and sights of the ocean, turned out really nice. Additionally out looking for a new Toyota truck, all black, 4 wheel drive Tacoma. I want it to be raised, but a friend is advising me against it, says it will be far too top heavy. I don't think that that will be a problem as I will not be taking the truck out 4 wheeling, it is just to tow the boat as well as getting me and the boat out of the launch ramp.
    Lots of cool stuff going on right now...God is it good to be alive and have a little money for a change. I am thinking of hitting Yuma again once it cools down, I would like to get at some striper as well as the cat fish that have so far eluded me. Any suggestions?
    Sometimes I feel foolish writing these blogs, thinking that I am just annoying.
    Let me know if you enjoy reading my blogs!

Yeah, you are not going to get many responses to your postings unless you give up some secret spot or photos of bass on a stringer. Just to let you know that I appreciate your writings, thoughts and ideas. I also recently have found out that it is good to be alive, healthy again and have some $ in the bank….

Nice to hear your in a good place in life right now,I feel that way too,always good to stay as positive as possible!

Cya Tuna Vic

I don't normally hit up the river this time of year for fishing. Too damn hot! But if anything, I would start around October around Bill Williams area and try to find shad. Find shad during that time, and you will find the stripers.

I love your overwhelming enthusiasm (or obsession, haha) for the sport, and also how you don't seem to let the little setbacks get you down. We need more posters like you, such a refreshing change of pace from all the non-fishing related drama that was so prevalent here just a while back.

I don't typically respond to your threads, as I usually do entirely different kinds of fishing, but I enjoy reading them very much.

Keep the posts coming!
    Last edited by shinbob; 07-07-2016 at 07:48 AM.

Durdy Daug, when's the next time your going? Have you ever tried the acuaduct?

Well I have to take a little break from the fishing as life is a little demanding right now. I am pleased that some of you all appreciate my postings. I am attempting to start a business right now in addition to doing upgrades on my houses. My business is home made Beef Jerky, I am able to make a Variety of degrees of heat but my specialty is in "Diabolically Delicious" HOT jerky. It is really HOT because I use 6 pounds of Habaneros for 50 pounds of London broil beef. I am working on selling it online with pay pal only. I just picked up a phoenix 8 foot rod for ultra light fishing to make bait for the big cats! Hoping to get back out really soon and fish the river, my new boat is in the shop for the annual service and install of a Bimini top. So far I have not fished the aqueduct, but if anyone out there wants to show an old man the ropes I would be honored to give it a try! You just tell me when and where and I will be there!
    Fishing is my passion, and with my being in remission, I have decided not to sell my ocean equipment! Really glad that no one took me up on my offers!
    Right now I have a 2016 Toyota Tundra being custom built for me, and it will be the very first of its kind out there! Absolute black on black with every thing blacked out and the tailgate with the name "Durdy Daug" Embossed on it right where it normally says "Tundra". $65,000. Absolutely no other decals or markings on the truck!
    For a free sample of Jerky; all you have to do is go fishing with me!

If interested in fishing with the "Durdy Daug, please send me a PM and I will reply as soon as I can, I have been making this Jerky for 20 years now and even though we have "Greenspot" liquor store that sells the best jerky in California 10 miles from work people beg me to make and sell them my specialty Jerky. So finally I have decided to take it to the next level and sell it commercially. Was I n negotiations this morning to make it in a restaurant so that I can be FDA compliant! My other specialty is smoked Turkey legs! Reputed to beat the He++ out of Disney land and the Pomona Fair, but doing that commercially will be a little more work, I will need to go to Texas and pick up a custom made smoker on a trailer with the California compliant 3 sinks.