Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Sherwood Report July 5, 2016

Default Lake Sherwood Report July 5, 2016

Hey guys,

The bass at Lake Sherwood are schooling up and chasing bait. We saw boils everywhere this morning and tossed a drop shot right into the middle of them and connected on some nice fish. We caught 16 fish in 2.5 hours and overall just a great morning of fishing. Topwater has been working later in the day as the sun is going down. We had a 17 Lb bag for our 5 fish limit so just a great morning of fishing.

Heres the video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOA6NI6bb78

Thanks,

Michael Hauser
    805 Angling Brothers
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvK...eKqiabiIoTW7Ug

Awesome ! Thanks for sharing . I grew up fishing Sherwood. Although the development in that area has gone nuts, the fishing looks to be just as good as it was in the 70's.

I fished it with my Dad in the late 50s

Tpfishintool,

Yes the development has sure taken off from when i was a kid which was only 10 years ago. Still a great fishery!

Cliffy,

How was the fishing in the 50s?

Thanks,

Mike Hauser
    805 Angling Brothers

I fished back in the early 80's when the public was allowed to fish there. then they closed down the private entrance. is it still private only?

He had me fishing with worms and a bobber for bluegill. Used his 5 HP Johnson motor on one of the rental boats every time. He bought it before WWII. I still have it!

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    Awesome ! Thanks for sharing . I grew up fishing Sherwood. Although the development in that area has gone nuts, the fishing looks to be just as good as it was in the 70's.
    Actually Lake Sherwood is in poor shape. There are way too many fish and not enough food in the lake for them. When you were fishing Sherwood in the 70's they were getting stocked with trout every Thursday from fall through spring, providing a great forage for the bass to eat. Now they are limited to eating bluegill, silversides and themselves. The lake still pumps out a few big ones per year but for the most part they are cookie cutter 2 pounders with gazillions of smaller fish and a few bigger ones up to 4 pounds.

We used to fill a rowboat with nice Crappie using hand tied white flies in the 70s when you could access the lake and rent a rowboat. I would love to fish Sherwood if just for the memories. Is it still private access only?

Yes Sherwood is private access only. Fisnritchey is correct there are a lot of bass that are limited to bluegill and themselves. Still a good time fishing catching a lot of numbers. Went out tonight and caught 7 bass in 10 casts on a crankbait. None were over 3lbs but still a fun time. Wished they stocked trout in there.

what part of sherwood were you fishing because it seems like the areas i like to fish were covered with weeds. btw how was your trip to alaska?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast