Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's a sad day -- probation ends in incarceration : (

Default It's a sad day -- probation ends in incarceration : (

I have a 4-month old 2016 Honda Pilot. Someone removed (likely stole) the black rubber Honda cover for my OEM hitch receiver. So I ordered a really cool JDM OEM red Honda "H" trailer hitch receiver cover to replace it (plus a receiver lock too).

But while I was at it, I saw this and at $6.95 I couldn't resist:

During the day it is chrome with a very slight red glow but at night it looks like this:

and this:

I'm a dad and it doesn't seem to fit. But I like it. I think it's funny )

My wife and two daughters were none too pleased. ( daughters, "daddy what are people gunna think") (wife, "I'm embarrased now to drive the Pilot around").
    ]The JDM cover is sitting in my Pilot "under floor" storage right now.

I was holding on to the dream of keeping the chrome dood on the back of the Pilot

....................but......................

FAST FORWARD 2 WEEKS......................

HIGH HOPES
    It was seemingly looking real promising. The general public liked him. I figured it would make a difference.:smile:

NOTHING MOVED EM'
    The prosecution team (anchor3n1's wife and daughters) were not amused nor impacted by public opinion not even a little bit :|

CLASS VS. SASS
    The decision was made and anchor3n1 was forced to say "so long" to his friend as probation comes to end and the chrome dood goes into incarceration.

see the sad video (here):

Class (JDM Honda cover) beats out Sass (chrome dood)

That's all I have to say!
    Last edited by anchor3n1; 07-03-2016 at 03:33 PM.

Too funny Nick.
    3 women to one man......not a chance in #$%^
    Have a Blessed week and tell the ladies Hi.
    Robert
    <><

Hey Nick,

Your choice to consider and act on the thoughts and the feelings of those you love is priceless ..... but you got busted for raising a lil' hell my friend!
    You are a husband and a father with endless compassion and love ... and you've proven it; this day, to them.

My Grand-Daddy would often tell me ..... that I'd never get into heaven unless I raised a lil' hell! Ha ha ha!!!

PS ... I really liked the lil' dude!

SP Dan <"))><

I totally saw the ending in sight Nick. I like your attempt at defiance but as Robert said...you were completely out numbered right out of the gate. I might be in the market to take your prisoner off of your hands once I get the PRIUS I have my eye on....LOL

Too funny! I don't think I woulda gotten away with that with my family, much less you. Well maybe you can sneak that bad boy out from time to time when you get that "rebel" feeling coming on.

Red face

Hey Nick, I'll take the Chrome Dude off your hands... I think it'll look bitchin' on my Prius.

Happy 4th to you and the family my friend.

Ha,happy wife happy........!

Cya Tuna Vic

my thoughts are with you in this difficult time. (as a husband and a father of two daughters I've learned that I know absolutely nothing about anything important... until there's a spider in the toilet.)

Default FYI -- the dood has reappeared

The dood is back on anchor3n1's Pilot for the next few days. So far no complaints or squeaks from anchor3n1's possee. It just seems right. Guess they can connect the dots (it's that time O year).

anchor3n1 has had a good season of surf fishing this year. Lots of calicos n butts n other predator doods.

Looks like with the cooler water starting to come (temps were around 66 to 67 degrees in the Santa Monica bay bout 3 weeks ago - now its around 64 and falling) the bait is starting to move away from the shore. So after the butt spawn slows, the fun shore fishing will come to an end till next year.

The reason anchor3n1 mentions all that stuff above is that he has a little step installed in his vehicle's trailer hitch receiver that makes it great for putting on n off his waders when he goes angling. So he hasn't had anytime with his Chrome dood hanging off the back of his Pilot in a loooong time.

anchor3n1 thinks it's time to dust 'em off and put him out in public again - October 2016 was the last time. He's just hoping that this time around his gaggle of girls will not be squeamish and maybe in fact begin to appreciate the work of art that the Chrome Dood is!

anchor3n1 will report back here anything of significance when it comes to the Chrome dood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast