Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Is anyone old enough to remember-

Default Is anyone old enough to remember-

Anyone old enough to remember the LA weekend fishing TV show put on by Pierpoint Landing back in the late 50s early 60s?
    My Dad and I watched it every weekend.

During the Depression (1930s for you younger guys) he had a boat shop and chandlery in Santa Monica and kept his boat on a hook inside the breakwall there when it was a real breakwall.

Had a friend who used to sail with Errol Flynn (old time movie actor in the 30s and 40s) and they were at the isthmus at Catalina when the Game Warden showed up. Not wanting to explain too much they tied him to a tree and left the island for LA. That's all I know of that story. He didn't elaborate.

I think the TV show was "Fishing Facts". I won free rid tickets every year. All the TV we have now, seems like a show would pop up.

i think your right on the name of the show. used to watch it when i was a kid along with "COMBAT"
    although i don't think i've seen either one in forty years. went away the seal beach pier 25 cent tram which would
    take your cod gear to the city of seal beach boat and kill em all day at catalina for like 12 bucks. or how
    about the "barge" remember that? i think it was a buck to catch huge bonito all day...

Ya I went out and fished the barge a couple of times. Every time a sea lion showed up the 'Capt" brought out his rifle and fired away. Didn't lose a lot of hookups to sea lions back then.