Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Pudd 6/25

Default Pudd 6/25

Hey guys, new to the forum and thought I'd contribute. Starting to get back into bass fishing again since I stopped for a long time which is another story. Anyways, to the report. Got to Pudd around 6:30 and had to wait across the street at the park and ride for my friend who I was meeting. I didn't have too many expectations as he fishes here almost weekly since he lives less than a mile away and he told me he has never caught any bass here, only a couple of bluegill and one or two catfish. We started at a small inlet and worked our way around the lake. I had a hard hit on my Strike King crank off a rocky point, and had a good sized bass which would have been the first one I have ever caught, but as I went to pick it up, it somehow not only got off, but it took my brand new crank I bought the day before with it. If someone lands a bass with a crank bait still in it's lip, it would be cool if you would let me know. Long shot, but still worth a shot.
    We picked up and moved from that spot, and I was pretty discouraged. I thought my knot was tight enough and everything. We drove to another spot and walked up and down the shoreline. Around 11:45 we found a pretty good spot. I set up and my friend Caleb was about 15 feet away from me. Tied on a new lure, and second cast with it bam I had a fish on. This time I didn't take any chances and asked my friend to help me land it and he did. Forgot to take measurements, but unhooked it, took a few pictures, and released him to fight another day. About 30 minutes later down the shore, I had another hit and this one was a lot harder. Landed it, took the length (19 inches) and a few pictures, and let it go for someone else to catch. We worked our way around the lake some more, but my friend decided he was done for the day. I stayed a few more hours, but had no more hits. Plus it didn't help I forgot my lunch I packed so I was pretty hungry. Next time I hope to stay for the whole day. All in all it was a good day, landed my first bass so I was thrilled.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0961.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	48684Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0962.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	48685

Nice Report. Welcome to the board.