Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Guide trip fri big wind bigger waves

Default Guide trip fri big wind bigger waves

friday i was supposed to guide at castaic but the big winds there in the morning shut the launching there all day. so i asked the boys if they still wanted to fish ,they said yes so we headed up to pyramid. the wind for the first couple hours was ok ,but then it was like the deadiest catch the rest of the day , making it very hard to spot the boiling fish with all the white caps .the fishing was slow and hard but tom hit the trifecta with bass and striper boil fishing with lures ,then a catfish baiting down. tom was a striper virgin but hes not anymore. thank hank and tom for braving the crazy winds..........T/O............

Way to battle the elements fellows! I think all of us here in the desert area are all to familiar with that wind. Bob, I hope when we get home from vacation, those winds will just be a memory.....We took a boat from St Maarten to St Barts yesterday, wow talk about some afternoon chop! People over here are complaining because it is so hot, 86....lol I told them it was 108 when I left home......see you soon......Dave

Hey Bob, good to go fishing with you in a nearly unbearable windy day. Nonetheless, we manage to get fish and multiple variety at that. Tom was simply beside himself in catching a striper. It was fun for us to exchange old GI stories. Thanks again for enduring this condition and got us into some fishes, damn those green carps and round headed carp! .....Hank

...................thank you hank............