Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Canyon Lake???

Default Canyon Lake???

Anyone fish there or know anyone that live there? Im thinking of moving there for the sake of fishing and gated community but not sure if it will worth it. I love fishing but dont think Im gonna fish everyday nor Ill have time to fish that much. I also love riding my mortircycle but canyon lake wont around bikes in community.

It's a wonderful place to fish for residents. You can pull your boat out of the garage and be on the water in five minutes. Great Largemouth fishing on top water right now. You're right....they are down on low parties, dirt bikes and boating while drinking. Sure as heck beats fishing the pay lakes.

I too have been thinking of buying a house there, but what is this about no motorcycles? I have a Harley that I ride once a month. Do they not allow any bikes in the community?

the fishing on canyon lake can be great but it comes with a lot of costs. on top of the hoa's, there is a boat and inspection fee. there are also a bunch of rules that come with living in a private community. one of those rules is they do not allow motorcycles in the community. you can ride them to the front gate and park them. i hear some people that live near the gates actually push them to their house. if it wasn't for the costs and rules I would really consider living there because its probably one of the best socal lakes to fish. hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    I too have been thinking of buying a house there, but what is this about no motorcycles? I have a Harley that I ride once a month. Do they not allow any bikes in the community?
    Like benzmech said no motorcycle to be allowed to ride in community. You can park at the gate or tow it back to your house. This is really suck since I ride almost every weekend. I have put more than 60,000 miles on the bike the pass 6 years and hope to ride even more since canyon lake is close to Otegra highway where I like a lot.

The price is pretty high compare to nearby. I will have to downgrade a lot in order to move there from 3000 sq ft house less than 10 years old to 2000 sq ft house abd build in 1980 ish. Im not really sure if it really worth for all the restriction and downgrading. I live like 5 mins from lake perris in a little bit nicer area in moval.

Oh one more thing, there in no natural gas hook up in all the houses there unless you install proprane tank. This is also suck since Im asian and we alway cook with high frame.
    Last edited by JustJames; 06-27-2016 at 12:36 PM.

They don't own the lake. They just lease the rights to use it. That lease has been in a court battle for over a year now.

My first fish at canyon lake. I was there on Sunday looking at some houses. Got to spend last two hour fishing and got this one. I didnt expect to catch any, mainly just wanted to test my new reel Curado 70hg. The last one was about 3 lbs but link broke due to my stupid to try to pull the line up (6lbs test line)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	48725