Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No more private boat launches?

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    Awe, c'mon. Be glad there are places to learn to fish and to sneak out to when you can't make it to DVL or Pyramid or to the Eastern Sierra. Besides, because people fishing at SARL and others means they aren't fishing at Silverwood or Perris, leaving those places uncluttered.
    Uncluttered? Apparently you weren't out at Silverwood on Sunday paddling around in a kayak. Total zoo! I kid and always have been appreciative of my fishing experiences many years ago dunking dough at the concrete pond but things have changed dramatically since those glory years when double digit trout were common and limits were the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Uncluttered? Apparently you weren't out at Silverwood on Sunday paddling around in a kayak. Total zoo! I kid and always have been appreciative of my fishing experiences many years ago dunking dough at the concrete pond but things have changed dramatically since those glory years when double digit trout were common and limits were the norm.
    I sometimes don't type sarcasm very well....

I guess I could go back 50 years and fish Reseda Park lake for free :-) :-)

Or better yet, I could fish out my back door and catch 50 stripers a day without too much effort and keep them! :-) :-) :-)
    (it's a big secret that is 175 miles long!)
    Some of us are just lucky I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    First Irvine, now SARL!?

Where else am I supposed to fish!?!?!
    I'm talking about owning a boat and having someplace local to tow it to, launch it and have a nice time on the water. Until recently, DVL was out. Corona lake, out. Now it's Irvine and SARL. I got sick of the 2 hour each way drive to the wood. No good trout fishing at Perris, and Skinner is both crowded and tough. Not driving 3 hours each way to pyramid/Castaic. Quagga quarantines suck also. I guess it's not such a big deal if you like paying $50-150/day to rent a boat that's not set up the way you like it, or if you like pounding the shore. All I'm trying to say is that our options are disappearing as private boaters.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    I'm talking about owning a boat and having someplace local to tow it to, launch it and have a nice time on the water. Until recently, DVL was out. Corona lake, out. Now it's Irvine and SARL. I got sick of the 2 hour each way drive to the wood. No good trout fishing at Perris, and Skinner is both crowded and tough. Not driving 3 hours each way to pyramid/Castaic. Quagga quarantines suck also. I guess it's not such a big deal if you like paying $50-150/day to rent a boat that's not set up the way you like it, or if you like pounding the shore. All I'm trying to say is that our options are disappearing as private boaters.
    Yup, I totally understand. I always wanted a boat. Rig it for me, take it out every weekend and more if I could. Learn my home water, look into someplace new now and then. Get good at someplace really hard. I still shop for it now and then, but always end up realizing there aren't many real options for me. Now the number of places to take it is dwindling even more and that stinks.

SARL has always been a special place for me. So many days and nights spent chasing anything, taking friends out to fish. Spending time there with my brother because there wasn't a lot of time off the both of us shared so we fished what we could. We learned the lake and got good at it. Now he and his family live 400 miles away and we can't fish together at all. Know what a day at the concrete mud hole together would mean to us right now? I don't understand the animosity people have for the place.
    It really sucks to see the latest turn of the screw take people off the water and that it happened at SARL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12