Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend friendly boat styles to own

Default Girlfriend friendly boat styles to own

Thinking of getting a boat, used. My girlfriend doesn't really get "in the zone" and forget what time it is while fishing, so I'm trying to get what I need and also have a place for her to lounge around in the shade and read a book so she doesn't try to cancel my trips too soon.

So far it looks like a fish and ski with a rear bench seat and a bimini top is most promising. She can fish off the back, and lay on the bench seat with the bimini up or down while I take the front.

Are there any other styles anyone might suggest looking into?

I don't want to lose too much fishing functionality for when solo or with a pal that can pull an all day with ease.

Thanks,
    -Coefficient

You need a new girlfriend.......just sayin'..

if you want a to be able to take a fishing partner or your girl friend your best choice is a ski and fishing boat my boat was originally meant for skiing which sits pretty low on the water which i dont mind but it leaves the front of the boat for me to fish while the wife has the back of the boat to relax, my boat says it sits 4 but to fish comfortable I would say 2 but can do 3 if i really have to.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PART_1449436375846_20151206_124429.jpeg.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	48673

She fishes longer and longer each time.

Is getting better at getting herself unstuck, etc. She often stops when she gets caught up too much or loses several rigs, and I know it is partially as she doesn't want to be a burden. No way to get her to believe it is no trouble. I'm tying rigs before hand and will teach her the Palomar so she can get back in the water herself.

Putting together a more legit second and third rod for her. Getting her off plastics-only will add interest, I think, as well as her getting caught up less. Hard for her to manage three rods in a float tube or kayak, though.

On a boat with enough room for gear she may never stop at all.

I just want to be prepared.

If your a bait and wait or family guy with kids then a fish & ski would be a good choice. If you are serious about fishing you will be very unhappy with a fish & ski for fishing. They typically do not come with electronics, trolling motor, live well/bait tank. They also do not have storage lockers for gear and equipment or rod lockers which means the boat must be loaded and unloaded before and after every trip. The rear bilge area will not have enough room to add the additional batteries you would need for a trolling motor and battery charger and will be near to impossible to run wiring to the bow for a troller or electronics. If you are a serious Bass fisherman you will hate the higher gunnel to water distance and will not be able to get into skinny water due to the hull draft.

Thanks for the reply. I never bait and wait since childhood and don't plan on it. That was definitely my first impression, but I did find some like http://ventura.craigslist.org/boa/5621088722.html that seem to be fishing first to a larger degree, have the electronics, etc. Some companies clearly leaned ski while others appeared more bass friendly.

Perhaps I am too easy to please since I mainly fish shore or kayak.

I had better list out all the features I want, first, then hold to them. I'd rather bring a 20 dollar folding lounge chair for the back deck for her than lose out one the experience of actually getting to fish proper.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Coefficient13 View Post
    I had better list out all the features I want, first, then hold to them. I'd rather bring a 20 dollar folding lounge chair for the back deck for her than lose out one the experience of actually getting to fish proper.
    My opinion, I'd rather have a dedicated fishing boat than a fish-n-ski. It's easier to add a good bimini top and a comfortable chair to the back of a fishing boat, than to try to fish off a boat designed for skiing and cruising. My neighbors try to fish off their bow-rider, and it's a nightmare.

That boat you linked might fit your needs (with some work done), but that trolling motor, which I presume is a 12v, will be challenged to move that heavy glass boat around. And the wraparound windshield cuts down on the available fishing area in the back.

Oh, and also, on that linked boat, does the sticker on the back of the outboard say "oil injection"? I believe that's a 2-stroke carbureted motor which won't be allowed on some lakes in the area.

You dont buy a boat that your girlfriend likes, you get a girlfriend that likes your boat.

females are replaceable, especially at the girlfriend stage.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    You need a new girlfriend.......just sayin'..
    Quote Originally Posted by non grata 2.0 View Post
    You dont buy a boat that your girlfriend likes, you get a girlfriend that likes your boat.
    FNN advice is always on point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast