Hey guys,

I'm planning on heading out to the June loop in a couple months and I was just getting all my gear together.

I have a bass pro shops 7'6 microlight fast action pole for my mini jigs, and a I use a Daiwa spinmatic for my lures (kastmasters, thomas buoyants, etc) and also deadsticking mice tails.

I was wondering what you guys would recommend for my third set up. I am wanting to use it with Rapala Countdowns, flickershads, shadraps, etc for both casting and flat line trolling if I get a boat. I was thinking that my bass pro shops rod is a little too "whippy" or flexible for it. I've used my Spinmatic for casting with it and it seemed ok but I'm not sure if the backbone needs to be a little stiffer. What would you guys recommend for a rod for using these plastic lures?? I was probiably going to pair it with either 4 or 6 pound test on a pleuger president reel. (unless you guys recommend something different)

Any opinions on what the best rod to get for the buck? Not looking to get a couple hundred dollar rod or anything.

What specs should I be looking for in the rod?