Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Father's Day Trifecta And NS

Default Father's Day Trifecta And NS

Father's Day Solo Session

Session: 0530 hrs to 1200 hrs

Sun Rise: 0542 hrs, Grey Light: 0500 hrs.
    Tackle Used: 3" BH and DS 3" watermelon minnow
    Tidal Conditions: incoming tide 0515 0.1', 0615 1.0', 0715 2.0', 0815 3.0', 0915 3.6', 1015 HT 3.8', out going tide 1115 3.6', 1215 3.1'.
    Water Temp:65 deg
    Air Temps: 64 - 84 deg.
    iSolunar Prediction: , I fished the end the AM minor period, the in-between periods and the beginning the major period.

I fished a new area at the same AO and MAN-O-MAN did it ever produce!!
    The bite started up at 0630 and it practically stopped by 0800. After 0800, I would pick up one here and there.
    What a difference a day makes .... I had a blast! Cool

Fish Count: (only one pic of each species),

(6) Grumpy's aver 12" to 13", best 15" legal

Same fish

(5) Turd Rollers Aver 10" to 13"

(2) Checker Sides aver 9" to 12"

(1) YFC, 12" New Species on the float

Some added SoCal pic's for your pleasure:

My Pond aka: LAB

This bird was out fishing me!!! Ha ha ha!!

I had surgically removed this parasite with my needle nose pliers ... I probably saved this fish's life.

This is me. I'm drop shoting with my rod in the swiveling rod holder while at the same time I'm casting and working the 3" big Hammer. Doubling my fishing efforts and my fishing pleasure!

And speaking of double my pleasure .... one of these two Cali girls was kind enough to stop in the middle of their very busy day of SUP boarding to help out a stranger, and take a pic of this Ol' guy! What a couple of sweet hearts!

Thanks for checking out my Father's Day fish report,

SP Dan <"))><

Wow!!!!

Nice session Dan. That's a mighty fine fish count and all three bass species too. What a beautiful morning to be flitting around on the bay : )

Looks like your surf skills translated well to the bay!

I look forward to your next session report.

All the best to you my friend,

Nick
    Last edited by anchor3n1; 06-19-2016 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks for sharing a great day on the water at LAB on Father's Day! Seems tubers are now far a few between! So nice to read a report! I still have my Fish Cat 4 and all my tubing gear. There's nothing like tubing! That 15" Spotty is a GRUMP! They can do a number on your thumb! Great photos and thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    Wow!!!!

Nice session Dan. That's a mighty fine fish count and all three bass species too. What a beautiful morning to be flitting around on the bay : )

Looks like your surf skills translated well to the bay!

I look forward to your next session report.

All the best to you my friend,

Nick
    Thanx for checking out my Father's Day Report and for your continuous positive support!

I look forward to our next session.

SP Dan <"))><

Quote Originally Posted by lagunaCOCONUT View Post
    Thanks for sharing a great day on the water at LAB on Father's Day! Seems tubers are now far a few between! So nice to read a report! I still have my Fish Cat 4 and all my tubing gear. There's nothing like tubing! That 15" Spotty is a GRUMP! They can do a number on your thumb! Great photos and thanks for sharing!
    Thanx for checking out my report lagunaCOCONUT,

I'm rather new at float tubing and I owe my interest and enthusiasm to my friend that recently got me started.

Jason aka: Jaysuuun, turned me on to float tubing, he helped me with the selecting of the tube, my rods, the bait and the hands-on ... "how-to".
    Jason is an excellent teacher and I guess I was a quick learner.
    What he shared with me was priceless, and has given me hours of pure enjoyment.

I've gotten approx a dozen floats under my belt so far.

If you are intending to fish in the LAB, please give me a PM.

SP Dan <"))><

There is a site you may be interested in .... Float Tube Fishing Forum.
    Jason and I are both on the forum.