Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DVL Producing some quality LMB's

Default DVL Producing some quality LMB's

I haven't posted on FSN in a while but I thought I would brag a little bit about my home lake DVL. I have been out about 5 times since opening day and I am proud to tell you guys that DVL is the lake to fish. I was fishing Lake Perris in DVL's absence and I missed DVL dearly. I caught lots of fish at Perris but there is no place like home. First of all DVL is about 10 min from my house and to be honest I don't think it takes me 10 min to get there.

I have been on a pretty good pattern at DVL which have been producing some quality LMB's. There's a lot of flooded brush and structure all over the lake. The bass have so much cover right now and they are on the chew. There is also a lot of competition. There are thousands of bait fish up in the brush and the bass are eating well.

The water is also constantly coming in at a fast pace stirring up all kinds of debris on the bottom. The water is stained but the water temps are in the mid 70's. If you find the fish you can catch them pretty good. The bass are schooling up and even though there are a lot of bait fish, Bass are opportunists and they will not let another bass get a free meal.

Once the lake settles down from all the constant new water, I think the bite is going to be a lot better than it is right now. The flooded brush, shore line, main lake points and secondary points are all holding lots of fish. Some of my old spots are coming back to life as the new water is breathing life back into them. Get out there and put in some work there are lots of fish to be caught. The only down side to DVL right now is the heat. It gets hot, really hot by 0930 AM. So if you can stand the heat the fish is still biting after 0930. Bring lots of water and sun screen.

Here are a few fish pics.......Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR1489.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	48650Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR1495.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	48651Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR1487.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	48652Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR1661.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	48653Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR1673.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	48654Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR1674.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	48655

FrazeIb1,

Thanks for the post. You definitely did better that I did last week.

....nice report ........there flooding castaic with water right now with the same things happening there with the lmb's.................