Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Hemet?

Default Lake Hemet?

My son and grandkids live in Hemet, so we wondered about the fishing up at Lake Hemet (not "Little Lake" in Hemet). It used to have fairly good fishing for bass and Bluegill from shore. Has anyone been there recently or know anything about the lake and fishing this time of year?

Friend of mine loves it up there. They seem to stock and his kids fish for Bluegill. I think they rent boats as well. They also have a water park for when the kids get tired from fishing. Here's their website

http://lakehemetrecreation.com/

Default Fishing lake hemet...

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    My son and grandkids live in Hemet, so we wondered about the fishing up at Lake Hemet (not "Little Lake" in Hemet). It used to have fairly good fishing for bass and Bluegill from shore. Has anyone been there recently or know anything about the lake and fishing this time of year?
    Fishing is great this time of year. They stock it pretty much every 2 weeks with trout. I have not been up there in a year because i swore i would not go up until the water went up and well no el nino and that water is still low. I am going up tomorrow, i just cant stay away any longer. i would usually fish it at least once a week 12 months out of the year. Yes i have been trolling trout when it is 17 degrees up there.

I am not a shore fisherman but i assume all the power bait stuff works just fine.

trolling a straight worm, gold kastmaster, needlefish, or cd03 rapalas should get you bit. being the water is getting warm they will be holding at about 20 feet so you will need leadcore or a 1/2 sinker tied a few feet up from your bait/lure. troll the middle of the lake from south point to the dam.

We were not going out in a boat, we'll be shore fishing, and I'm not into "bait and wait" for stocked trout… but thanks pwynn anyway!