Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DVL update....Prety darn good...

Default DVL update....Pretty darn good...

So Ive been back to DVL 3 times since it reopened because Ive been spending my time between Perris and DVL...

My first trip back...I pulled up on one of my favorite areas not knowing what to expect having not made a cast into DVL water in over 13 months.... So I pull up...coast into the area...Grabbed my rod and Made a long cast with a typical Summer bait (my favorite 8 inch Gee Gee bait).... I know from experience that bass at DVL love the slow presentation in June so I slowly begin to drag my bait... I move my bait about 6-7 ft and TICK... I reel Down and cross its eyes.... ITS A GOOD ONE... 1st fish back at DVL...6 lber Okay that was easy..... of coarse DVL wasn't gonna let me get away that easy...haha... So we went biteless for the next hour or so...haha ... then as the sun got high and the ripple began on the water the bass began to bite..

I ended that day with about 13 bass in about 4 1/2 hours... all on plastics on dropshot and Texas rig.

At the end of the day it was obvious the bite wasn't too good early, as it got better once the sun got higher..

Then the next time I went... It was the same thing bite wise... The plastics bite was a grind early and as the sun got higher the bite got better.. What I wasn't doing was throwing reaction baits because I just wanted to get right to the Summer big worm, Texas rig bite that always appears in June... At the end of that trip I had about 16-18 fish...Not bad....

Then the 3rd time I went I told myself that I was going to throw some reaction baits to take up some of that time in the early morning hours...
    So I got out there and started throwing reaction baits...and within 5 minutes...BOOM... got one on the Alabama Rig.. Then a few minutes later Boom...Tailspin fish...then another on the tailspin.... Then another on the Alabama rig..... okay so theres a reaction bite hahaha... Sweet....
    Then I went to work with the Worm again... It took a little bit AGAIN.... but before I knew it they were chewing... and we got several.... then I made a move to the other side of the lake to see if the big worm pattern would work over there... And the answer is yes as we got three in the 3 1/2- 4 lb range within the next hour... Then it slowed again...So I moved back to the starting spot and I make a long cast into about 25 ft of water.... As Im lifting my bait through the deep brush I feel "thump" and I swing....Its a giant....As Im fighting the fish Im just having fun and talking as a monster slowly comes to the surface... It doesn't jump but then begins to surge down back towards the bottom.... Its a 10+ lber....GIANT... I look at my friends and say... Okay enough fun and games, time to land her as I put more pressure on it... But this big girl didn't like that as she surged harder into the brush, got hung up..and broke me off.... hahahaha Nooooo.... dang it I should have been more serious about it.... Oh well.... If that was a tourney she would have been mine for sure because I would have gotten her to the boat quickly.. Still a bummer though...
    After that we went fishless for another 1/2 hour and then we got another 3 1/2 lber.. And then my buddy says...I have a big one....as his rod is doubled over ..Its another potential giant... Just as I say you better get it up or youll lose it like I lost mine... His fish surges into the brush and snaps him....HAHAHAHHA..... Told you so... lol... Oh well it was still fun... then we fished out deep in 50 ft and caught some out there as well.... At the end of the day we had about 18-19 fish and 2 huge losses... Fun day none the less and I found a good reacftion bite and a good deep bite..

Facts of the day were this...Reaction baits early worked well... Big Worm bite, and other plastics didn't start till sun got higher and a slight ripple on the water made it better... The bass were grouped up... when we'd catch one we'd usually catch a couple... then go stretches without a bite.. Thee are fish deep that were easy to catch as well grouped up...dropshot got those..
    We had fish between 5ft and 50ft... Our fish were either really nice..3+ lbs or more or really small 9-10 inches...

Heres a picture of the first day back with a 6 lber and a 4 lber

Those are all the details guys...hopefully it helps some... The IKA bite is also working come to think of it.. In 4-10 ft..

If your ready for a trip back to DVL with me...Please call and book your trip... Call my cell for quicker response (909) 241-8283... I also have gift certificates available for Fathers Day...Which is this weekend... If you need a last minute gift....Send your dad on a bass fishing trip with me... He deserves a fun relaxing day on the lake catching some fish!!

Also follow me on Facebook at.. Pete Marino Fishing... Give my page a "LIKE" so you can follow me and also be eligible for my giveaways..

Pete
    Last edited by Pete Marino; 06-17-2016 at 09:53 AM. Reason: typos

Default Wow !

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    So Ive been back to DVL 3 times since it reopened because Ive been spending my time between Perris and DVL...

My first trip back...I pulled up on one of my favorite areas not knowing what to expect having not made a cast into DVL water in over 13 months.... So I pull up...coast into the area...Grabbed my rod and Made a long cast with a typical Summer bait (my favorite 8 inch Gee Gee bait).... I know from experience that bass at DVL love the slow presentation in June so I slowly begin to drag my bait... I move my bait about 6-7 ft and TICK... I reel Down and cross its eyes.... ITS A GOOD ONE... 1st fish back at DVL...6 lber Okay that was easy..... of coarse DVL wasn't gonna let me get away that easy...haha... So we went biteless for the next hour or so...haha ... then as the sun got high and the ripple began on the water the bass began to bite..

I ended that day with about 13 bass in about 4 1/2 hours... all on plastics on dropshot and Texas rig.

At the end of the day it was obvious the bite wasn't too good early, as it got better once the sun got higher..

Then the next time I went... It was the same thing bite wise... The plastics bite was a grind early and as the sun got higher the bite got better.. What I wasn't doing was throwing reaction baits because I just wanted to get right to the Summer big worm, Texas rig bite that always appears in June... At the end of that trip I had about 16-18 fish...Not bad....

Then the 3rd time I went I told myself that I was going to throw some reaction baits to take up some of that time in the early morning hours...
    So I got out there and started throwing reaction baits...and within 5 minutes...BOOM... got one on the Alabama Rig.. Then a few minutes later Boom...Tailspin fish...then another on the tailspin.... Then another on the Alabama rig..... okay so theres a reaction bite hahaha... Sweet....
    Then I went to work with the Worm again... It took a little bit AGAIN.... but before I knew it they were chewing... and we got several.... then I made a move to the other side of the lake to see if the big worm pattern would work over there... And the answer is yes as we got three in the 3 1/2- 4 lb range within the next hour... Then it slowed again...So I moved back to the starting spot and I make a long cast into about 25 ft of water.... As Im lifting my bait through the deep brush I feel "thump" and I swing....Its a giant....As Im fighting the fish Im just having fun and talking as a monster slowly comes to the surface... It doesn't jump but then begins to surge down back towards the bottom.... Its a 10+ lber....GIANT... I look at my friends and say... Okay enough fun and games, time to land her as I put more pressure on it... But this big girl didn't like that as she surged harder into the brush, got hung up..and broke me off.... hahahaha Nooooo.... dang it I should have been more serious about it.... Oh well.... If that was a tourney she would have been mine for sure because I would have gotten her to the boat quickly.. Still a bummer though...
    After that we went fishless for another 1/2 hour and then we got another 3 1/2 lber.. And then my buddy says...I have a big one....as his rod is doubled over ..Its another potential giant... Just as I say you better get it up or youll lose it like I lost mine... His fish surges into the brush and snaps him....HAHAHAHHA..... Told you so... lol... Oh well it was till fun... then we fished out deep in 50 ft and caught some out there as well.... At the end of the day we had about 18-19 fish and 2 huge losses... Fun day none the less and I found a good reacftion bite and a good deep bite..

Facts of the day were this...Reaction baits early worked well... Big Worm bite, and other plastics didn't start till sun got higher and a slight ripple on the water made it better... The bass were grouped up... when wed catch one wed usually catch a couple... then go stretches without a bite.. The are fish deep that were easy to catch as well grouped up...dropshot got those..
    We had fish between 5ft and 50ft... Our fish were either really nice..3+ lbs or more or really small 9-10 inches...

Heres a picture of the first day back with a 6 lber and a 4 lber

Those are all the details guys...hopefully it helps some... The IKA bite is also working come to think of it.. In 4-10 ft..

If your ready for a trip back to DVL with me...Please call and book your trip... Call my cell for quicker response (909) 241-8283... I also have gift certificates available for Fathers Day...Which is this weekend... If you need a last minute gift....Send your dad on a bass fishing trip with me... He deserves a fun relaxing day on the lake catching some fish!!

Also follow me on Facebook at.. Pete Marino Fishing... Give my page a "LIKE" so you can follow me and also be eligible for my giveaways..

Pete
    The giving never stops, great info.