Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Can you Believe it me?

Default Can you Believe it me?

Yes, that is the current question of the hour! Today, I started my after work life at Sears, Bought a new "Die Hard" deep cell battery, and then I went out and ordered a 250 Amp battery charger!
    Well if that was the end of the trip, I doubt that I would be spending my time blogging about it!
    So I leave sears, and end up at the pet store, I was looking to see how much energy the 100 gallon air pump would draw on a 12 volt battery. I want to know how many hours the pump will run on a single charge on the battery, Well I expect to get a ball park to start working from to get the time down. I plugged everything in at 18:00, and it is still running...
    Then I removed the battery from my wife's van, installed the new battery that she had bought at Costco. Agh... you guessed! The new battery had 75% life once I plugged it in to the charger, waited for 2 hours, the charger indicated 100%, well guess what again - won't work, soooooo I had to remove that new one, put it on the old charger, and then reinstall the old one back into the van, it won't work, so off with the charger from the new battery to the old one.
    I leave the pet store with 12 blue "Tobacco Horned Worms" and 2 dog bones for Debo, end up at turners, leave with a new Daiwa rod, and $275 in gift cards to..... You got it again "Bass Pro Shops". Oh well was one hell of a day!

Starting to feel pressure to sell some equipment... Now where the h377 are Frank Fritz & Mike Schwarts... I need to unload!!!
    Like Now!!!
    I'm starting to see prairie dogs!
    And that just ain't good when you are a high school drop out Nerd! And with the name of "The Durdy Daug" Really???
    Can I get a freakin break?

Next time you buy a bunch of giftcards you should check out cardpool.com... last time I was on there, the Bass Pro cards were 17% off! I used them to save some serious cash when I bought my son a new shotgun!

Quote Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
    Next time you buy a bunch of giftcards you should check out cardpool.com... last time I was on there, the Bass Pro cards were 17% off! I used them to save some serious cash when I bought my son a new shotgun!
    Never heard of that site, but just checked out -- right now BPS gift cards are at 18% off. That's a pretty sweet discount -- I wonder what the catch is?