Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Heading to pyramid in 2 weeks for stripers. Hints and tips greatly appreciated.

Default Heading to pyramid in 2 weeks for stripers. Hints and tips greatly appreciated.

Heading up to pyramid with my son and would love for him to hook up with a striper or two. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Been up once last year but got skunked and he was pretty sad. TIA

I've had luck the last few times I've been there tossing crank baits. SR-5's and SR-7's have been getting largemouth, smallmouth, and small stripes all over the lake. Try starting out fishing the shoreline on the right side just passed the 5 mph bouyes all the way to the end of the channel that opens up to the main lake. Been having very consistent bites throwing the cranks. Fish seem to be shalow so through close to shore and retrieve to the boat. The crank baits I use are the old school rap aka SR-r's that are black on back and silver underneath. Good luck, hope you get some.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	48633

Thanks titanic I'll have to go get some sr's and give that a shot. I'll post results if any lol

I agree with black and silver colors. Small white/gray/silver crankbaits work well. My favorite is the Lucky Craft Silent Pointer SP in one of the Shad patterns (second from bottom in picture). Deadly, especially when the stripers are up chasing shad. I am also dying to go fish Pyramid. Good luck and post a report after your trip.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hardbaits.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	48635

Thanks andyj. Will post for sure. Anyone ever do anchovy bait and wait with any luck?

Lugworms tend to do very well for me but usually produces 1/2 - 1lbs stripers. 1 lbers are still better than skunk.

.fresh sardine .................

Hire TroutOnly Bob the slayer