Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for old timers to Eastern Sierra fishing

I remember the 10 fish limit and the 10 lbs. + 1 fish. I remember adults telling their stories about the 15 fish limit, and the efforts to enforce it, sneaky and otherwise. How many here remember the visible gas tank that used to pump gas at Parchers back in the fifties and sixties? I remember pumping gas there.

Default You've got mail

Quote Originally Posted by ttplt View Post
    My Dad and Uncle used to take us up to Bishop every year. We'd fish the Owens only, usually at Aberdeen, Chalk Bluff and Benton's Crossing. We'd use mostly nightcrawlers and some stuff called clusters which was some goop with salmon eggs in it. We'd stay at the Mtn. Tom Motel and my brother and I thought it was so cool that they had a pool! Ate at Jack's for breakfast and admired (actually drool over) the trout that were mounted. Ate at Howard Johnson's for dinner. On our way up to Bishop we'd stop at a place (I wish I could remember where it was) called The Early Bird. We'd knock on the guys door and he would sell us the nightcrawlers. During our high school and college years we quit going because we were too busy but my brother and I started going again 26 years ago and haven't missed a year! Just got back and Benton's was as good as always! Thanks for the original thread! Bringing back some great memories!
    yo
    You've got mail

Sorry, Billy! My first PM ever. Just responded. Check yours. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12