Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Green valley lake 6-13-16

Default Green valley lake 6-13-16

Got to the lake at 930 drove around the lake to check it out, and decided to go back towards the dam area.

Parked the car and had lines in the water by 10. Lake mangement stopped by paid him for the day use and he gave me a few tips on the lake.

Had one rod in the water with powerbait while i had 1 with a bobber and night crawler. Lil miss had a bobber with night crawler also. She had several bites but lost a few.

People to our left went home so decided to recon their spot saw a nice size trout and bass so did some sight fishing with the crawlers hooked up on the trout fought him for a bit he danced on the water and went deep then spat out the worm sigh.

Went back for the bass and was able to land him took a pick and sent him back to get somemore weight on him for the next time we get out there.

Had a picnic with lil miss and left at 1.

Thanks again Mr. T-REX for the recommendation wouldve never known about this lake

I got this

What did i tell u

Thats a big one
    Last edited by slixx; 06-13-2016 at 03:54 PM.

Poor fish's upper lip is missing. Nice pics and thanks for sharing

slixx,

That little Missy of yours looks like a real fireball.... and a cutie of course! Starting her out early and Dad will always have a fishing partner!

The size of that bass you caught tells us where the bass transferred from Barrett Lake in S.D. ending up being stocked! Bass at that high of elevation don't normally get that big on there own. Looks like he did some growing in warmer water, although he has a stunted lip!

Great Pictures... Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 06-14-2016 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    slixx,

That little Missy of yours looks like a real fireball.... and a cutie of course! Starting her out early and Dad will always have a fishing partner!

The size of that bass you caught tells us where the bass transferred from Barrett Lake in S.D. ending up being stocked! Bass at that high of elevation don't normally get that big on there own. Looks like he did some growing in warmer water, although he has a stunted lip!

Great Pictures... Thanks for sharing.
    There were many good sized bass transferred to Lake Gregory but not sure of their origin. It was kind of hush hush and I was always curious where they got them. This occurred late winter of this year.

Yup she sure is a lil fireball and thanks i know i got my work cut out for me next im thinkning of surf fishing but need a beach cart first granted she probably wont be fishing as much as playing in the ocean

Nice buddy glad you were able to check out GVL a very beautiful lake along with great fishing
    and the smile on your little one is amazing. its always great when they are catching fish

There are tons of bass cruising the shore but couldnt get any to bite! Good Job on that Fatty

No need to thank me i am just here giving information to a fellow fisherman
    Last edited by Mr T-rex; 06-14-2016 at 09:54 AM.

Haven't been up there in years , are they stocking weekly on Fridays ? I wonder what kind of trout they have in their now ...