Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Reuniting With The Jewel

Default Reuniting With The Jewel

Well my brother and I finally made it back to DVL after a year absence. Even Tom and Stan were a little surprised when they read the year old date on the boat inspection tag. We launched with no trouble and found ourselves in fog and a bit rough water. Because of the fog and somewhat low water level, we moved cautiously not want to hit any hidden shallow structures. We fished some coves on the north side of the lake and worked our way to Saddle Dam and then to the West Dam.

The water temp. was 72 and the wind seemed to remain about 8 to 11mph. I would classify the water as slightly stained. The Ranger had no algae line after after viewing the boat on the trailer. We fished with plastics; Hideki, drop shot and wacky in 24 to 30 foot depths. Five inch pro senkos in watermelon color and 6 inch worms in like colors were our ticket. On our fist trip we just stayed with finesse style. The weather was pretty much ideal and, after a year absence, we were content with four fish each. Heck, I was happy with that after expecting to get skunked and end up just feeding Rod’s ducks again. In closing, it was good to be back on DVL and feel a little rod action.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_40copy.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	48615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_34copy.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	48616   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_32copy.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	48617   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_31copy.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	48618   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_28copy.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	48619  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_26copy.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	48620  

Looks like good times to me!
    Great pictures also.wtg

Cya Tuna Vic

It's GREAT to be back at DVL! Perris was getting hammered!