Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SARL Friday 6/10/2016

Default SARL Friday 6/10/2016

in line by 4 am (Early bird gets the worm). Started off fishing levitz corner which is on fire right now, Had one rod set up Shrimp & mallow other rod with nightcrawler & mallow and they both did the job for me. bite was consistent from 6 am to 7 am picked up 3 kitties and died off right after which happens to me every time. i couldn't leave without my limit so i keep casting & casting until i finally stick 2 more limited out by 10 am. as i'm packing my stuff i see a couple of Bass cruising the shore so i throw out a fly line nightcrawler and boom fish on a nice healthy 2-3lb bass which was released to swim another day. that last cast definitely made the trip

Trick to catfishing is if they don't bite with in 15-30 mins move spots until you finally find the school, Catfish tend to stack up on each other once you have the lake dialed in show up early and fish your favorite hole. As for baits i would recommend shrimp, nightcrawlers, mackerel (fresh) & meal worms tipped off with mallows on the eye of the hook.

big thank's to fishinglakes.com for the quality stocking each week

nice fatty gobbled down my nightcrawler
    Last edited by Mr T-rex; 06-10-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    in line by 4 am (Early bird gets the worm). Started off fishing levitz corner which is on fire right now, Had one rod set up Shrimp & mallow other rod with nightcrawler & mallow and they both did the job for me. bite was consistent from 6 am to 7 am picked up 3 kitties and died off right after which happens to me every time. i couldn't leave without my limit so i keep casting & casting until i finally stick 2 more limited out by 10 am. as i'm packing my stuff i see a couple of Bass cruising the shore so i throw out a fly line nightcrawler and boom fish on a nice healthy 2-3lb bass which was released to swim another day. that last cast definitely made the trip

Trick to catfishing is if they don't bite with in 15-30 mins move spots until you finally find the school, Catfish tend to stack up on each other once you have the lake dialed in show up early and fish your favorite hole. As for baits i would recommend shrimp, nightcrawlers, mackerel (fresh) & meal worms tipped off with mallows on the eye of the hook.
    AWESOME!!!!!!! Am a strong believer in (early bird gets the worm) I usually hate waking up early morning and driving so I simply just drive to SARL the night before and spend the night in line :-), people think am crazy but oh well its all for the joy of fishing catching or not. I still havent mastered the pick up and move, I tend to take out all my gear and stick to one spot :-/ which I know is not the way to do it it and thats why i dont complain when i get skunked cause its some what my fault :-). The one thing I have learned form all recent and past post is that the fish at SARL are suspended in the middle of the water about 95% of the time and only feed of the bottom about 5% of the time or at certain locations only, and thas why the Marshmallow and flylining play a big key.
    I went out Sunday Morning the fishing bug has been biting hard since I been in Germany so woke up kinda late Sunday Morning at 0500 so instead of risking the chance of not getting any prime shoreline I took out the boat, was at the lake by 0630 and in the water by 0700, At first I was thinking of anchoring somewhere near the bubble whole and flylining mac and nc but from past post I wanted to try something out so I found out which way the current was going which was from west to east and went as far west as possible and drifting east with both mac and NC in the water, I had to end my day with only 2 mainly because i ran out mac by 1200 since i was using an old mac that had been refrozen it was falling apart pretty fast, either way for my 2nd time taking the boat out i think it was a good day.

I still want to take out the tube so lets set up a day Mr T-Rex :-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160612_101326.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	48629Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160612_092926.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	48630

Nice set up you have there looks very relaxing haha
    its either early bird gets the worm or the one who spend the night gets the worm lol
    i usually fish from my tube so i have a hard time staying in one spot when im shore fishing. if they aint biting time to pick up and move spots
    Whenever you want to get together for a session just let me know. fridays work for me preferably morning session

Nice set up you have there looks very relaxing haha
    its either early bird gets the worm or the one who spend the night gets the worm lol
    i usually fish from my tube so i have a hard time staying in one spot when im shore fishing. if they aint biting time to pick up and move spots
    Whenever you want to get together for a session just let me know. fridays work for me preferably morning session
    extremely relaxing, the last 45 min that i was out on the water I anchored down and probably fell asleep for like 30 min lol, am still new to the boating life and still learning but maybe after we attack them on our float tubes maybe we can attack them on the boat that way it gives me time to install my fish finder. :-)
    Fridays are perfect for me especially since am off Fridays let me check and ill see which Friday works good this month.

Quote Originally Posted by jhernandez25 View Post
    extremely relaxing, the last 45 min that i was out on the water I anchored down and probably fell asleep for like 30 min lol, am still new to the boating life and still learning but maybe after we attack them on our float tubes maybe we can attack them on the boat that way it gives me time to install my fish finder. :-)
    Fridays are perfect for me especially since am off Fridays let me check and ill see which Friday works good this month.
    lol thats so funny boss
    Yeah man whenever you are ready to do some tubing let me know. friday mornings will be great

Good stuff. Thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by hotramen View Post
    Good stuff. Thanks for the report.
    Heading out this Friday

Heading out this Friday
    AWWWW man, wish I could head out :-(, Good luck out there and slay those CATS

Quote Originally Posted by jhernandez25 View Post
    AWWWW man, wish I could head out :-(, Good luck out there and slay those CATS
    Thank you bro we need to get together soon.. do a little slaying

Thank you bro we need to get together soon.. do a little slaying
    Hey Mr. T-Rex how is it going??? just wondering if you managed to go out on Friday?? if so how did you do?? did you give those cats a beaten of a life time :-)??? let me know next time you plan on going out??? shoot me a text or hit me up here :-) 562-294-1327

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast