Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Crappie fishing out there

Default Any Crappie fishing out there

Hi All

Taking my 3yr old out this monday for some fishing love to catch some crappie but still be close to car incase of anything

thanks in advanced for any ideas

slixx

I would definitely recommend Green Valley Lake in San Bernardino national forest & while your at it do some trout fishing.
    Crappie jigs or a small mosquito hook with a pinched crawler under a bobber will do the job

haven't been to Green Valley Lake before but seen a few good reports so will add this lake to my possible places for my trip.

thanks

Green Valley is about the best shot. There are a ton of crappie in there and you can park really close to your spot or to the lake. Can't beat the scenery either!

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    Green Valley is about the best shot. There are a ton of crappie in there and you can park really close to your spot or to the lake. Can't beat the scenery either!
    Was there last Wednesday with my buddy and we absolutely killed the crappie along with a limit of trout (nothing to big)

Any size to those crappies?

I love crappie fishing and have never visited green valley. We're you shore fishing (what part of the lake) and what did you use to catch the crappies and trout? My son is 5 years old and I would like to take him and turn him into a crappie fan. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Any size to those crappies?
    Nothing to crazy. caught a bunch of blue gill size crappies and about 5 decent hand size keepers

Last edited by Mr T-rex; 06-10-2016 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chatmar View Post
    I love crappie fishing and have never visited green valley. We're you shore fishing (what part of the lake) and what did you use to catch the crappies and trout? My son is 5 years old and I would like to take him and turn him into a crappie fan. Thanks in advance!
    Definitely recommend this place. i was fishing the shore line towards the dam across from where you enter you cant miss it! i used a mosquito hook with a pinched nightcrawler under a bobber 6-10 inch leader as for Trout chartreuse powerbait and pink/white mice tails. look for the shady areas and also cast in front of the tullys/weedy areas. huge bass chasing prey also so dont be afraid to throw out a robo worm
    Good luck out there
    Last edited by Mr T-rex; 06-10-2016 at 04:25 PM.

Can you use the golden poppy pass to enter this lake? Also are 2 or 4 stroke boats allowed on the lake?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast