Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From the Surf to San Clemente Island... a Weekend with Good Friends.

Thumbs up From the Surf to San Clemente Island... a Weekend with Good Friends.

Saturday 6/4 - Got together with a few of my S.W.A.T. Brothers & Sisters for a morning of surf fishing. Afterwards, we all head to Nick's (Anchor3n1) house to relax and enjoy some BBQ.

The surf fishing was fair at best... with only a few Perch being caught. We then hit the harbor on foot. Not much better with only a couple of small Halibut caught. But the true goal for the day wasn't to really catch fish... it's to spend some quality time with a handful of my S.W.A.T. Family members.
    We had a blast hanging out at Nick's beautiful home in the company of his family. Thank you Nick, Cheryl, Noelle and Alexa for being such wonderful hosts. We are blessed to have your love and friendship.

Rough surf conditions made it tough to fish...

Mikey (Exfactor) and Mike (Bones)

Robert (Murrieta Angler)

Frank (iLLest)

Into the harbor...

Mike got this massive Halibut on the dropshot.

Remind me to get the yacht washed...

Arrival at Nick's house...

Thien (Bloox8) and Becca.

Good times...

Pray as though everything depends on God... and work as if everything depends on You...

Sunday 6/5 -
    Hopped on the Kolo at midnight with Jeff and my buddy Alex. Bought a scoop of live Squid and headed to the San Clemente Island.
    We were hoping to find some White Sea Bass that has been roaming around this area recently...

Got to the island before grey light and watched the Squid boats and Sports boats make Squid, lots of Squid... dozens and dozens of scoops. We were right in the middle of the Squid beds.
    The erie green glow was kinda cool...

Started fishing and caught so many toad Calico... they were annihilating the live Squid.

We tried hard to find them, but no WSB came to play...
    But then the Yellowtails showed up later in the morning and the bite went nuts.
    We limited out on mostly smaller Yellows between 5-10 lbs, but did get a couple in the 18-20 lbs class.
    Headed back to the launch ramp pretty early, gotta love that.

Lots of Firecrackers everywhere... Fishing Squid under a bobber was the hot ticket!

Whoa, then we got boarded by the DFG... they checked our licenses and kill bags. Everything was in order and off they went.

Thanks Jeff for another fabulous trip on the Kolomona... see you again soon bro.

Another perfect weekend in the books... take care everybody!

Arthur (Wingnut)

Parting Shots.
    I think my Sister is going though midlife crisis... nice ride Sis.

Romeo checking out a new friend...

Stay Romeo... good boy.

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the Engineer.

Good times for sure Brotha. It was really nice to just hang with a few good friends in the morning and get some salt in my face. I'm glad I was able to bring such joy to you Arthur by allowing you to play your little "Cross my line" trick in the suds. I thought you were gonna die laughing at me dude....LOL
    That uphill current was the worst I've ever experience in all of my years surf fishing. Worse than fishing in a raging river for sure but hey...at least I caught ONE perch...LOL

Thanks once again to Nick for opening his beautiful home up to us with welcome arms. Nick....Your wife and children are true reflections of your generous heart my friend and I can say as God is my witness "I'm Blessed with your friendship". I've made a few close friends since starting SWAT with Arthur many years ago and you have truly become one of them. Your home is beautiful Sir and you are a true inspiration to all who choose to look at what can be accomplished in life with true dedication to God and your family.

Thanks once again to Arthur for his generous feast contribution at the gathering. The food and wonderful conversation were both an awesome way to end the day.

Any finally.....Great job BOYZ out at the island. Slayage for sure.....It looks like the KOLOMONA and its Capt Jeff are off to a good start providing great times on the big blue. Can't wait to see the future adventures.
    Last edited by bones; 06-07-2016 at 07:15 PM.

...........GREAT REPORT ARTHUR........................................t/o..........

Very nice report Arthur.
    It was great to catch up with the fellows, the girls, Noelle & Alexa, Nicks gracious wife Cheryl and of course Becca (Thiens GF )
    Arthur, if you don't let me pick up the check more than once a year, I'm gonna dunk you the next time we get out in the surf.
    But seriously, thank you for the food and to Nick, for Blessing it and all of us at his home.

I look forward to our next event, whatever that may be...
    Big or small, it will be a fun time for sure.

I look forward to our next adventure and hopefully filling the boat with limits of tuna...

God Bless & Take Care,
    Robert
    <><

Glad you guys had a good time on Saturday with the crew. Sorry I couldn't make it. Thanks again to Nick, Noelle and Alexis for hosting, and hope to see you all out in the surf soon!

Looks like you guys had some fun out there pulling on the bull checkers and yellows. Wish I coulda joined you but two weekends in a row was already pushing my hallpasses to the limit. Things are looking pretty good in the near future for a tuna run. Hopefully, we can all get out there together again soon!!!

Don

A fun filled weekend for our little group, eat's were stellar, got to catch up with my comrades, enjoy an afternoon with Nick, and his family, play on the water on Sunday, and watch the Warriors smoke Cleveland to end it all. Thank's again for all that you do Arthur, I'm grateful for your friendship. Mikey

nice! sorry to have missed it!

Is Bones holding a Crucial/Calcutta combo in that picture???? that's a great drop-shotting set up! ;-)

And the video...

Great post Arthur. It was good fishing with you again Alex. You are the yellowtail King!

Very nice report

Thank you

My Friend Arthur:

Great pics and prose!!! You had a full weekend. Come monday I bet you needed a nap

It was such a pleasure spending the afternoon with you, eating, chatting, laughing. Thanks for listening to me, letting me pester you with all my questions and of course I really appreciate the advice/counsel you gave me - "Friends forever"

The BBQ lunch was fantastic (Thank you) and the leftovers the next day made for a super-duper second meal

All my girls and me loved having everyone hang out with us. It was really great getting to spend the day and catching up with Robert (murietta angler), Mikey (exfactor), Thien (Bloox8) and Becca, and of course Mike (bones).

Let's do it again
    Last edited by anchor3n1; 06-09-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast