Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Anyone fish at Channel Islands

Default Anyone fish at Channel Islands

Hi,

I am new to this forum and site. I usually launch my boat and fish the Channel Islands. Haven't seen many posts from others for that area and wanted to connect with any others that regularly fish the islands.

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi Chuck, welcome to the site. I never have fished up there but I been wanting to for years. I have a 24 skipjack and have been tempted to tow it up there but I really don't know where the spots are. If you ever want to hook up and fish together I would be down. I have extensive knowledge of Catalina, San Clemente, and Santa Barbara Islands.

I have only been fishing Anacapa and Santa Cruz for a few years. I bought a 22' Wellcraft center console 2 years ago and have been using it just about every weekend, so I have made up for lost time. Since I usually fish alone it would be great to have some company.

If any of you guys want someone to share the cost of bait/gas with, I'd love to join. I'm far from an expert on the Islands but I've fished Ana Capa and Santa Cruz several times on friend's boats.

Hey Chuck,
    A very good friend of mine, Mikey (exfactor) knows those islands like the back of his hand.
    He has a fishing club up there and maybe you could PM him?
    I just fished with him yesterday and we were talking about this very same thing.
    Good Luck,
    Robert
    <><

Thanks pokerfish and marrieta. I'm sure we can arrange something soon and a fishing club sounds like a great idea.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd View Post
    I have only been fishing Anacapa and Santa Cruz for a few years. I bought a 22' Wellcraft center console 2 years ago and have been using it just about every weekend, so I have made up for lost time. Since I usually fish alone it would be great to have some company.

Hi there, i fish up there on party boats mostly, would love to join if you would like to have company willing to split/help with boat scrubbing as needed ( and should go without saying!) have several buddies also in the same vein let me know!