Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystery Lake in San Bern just got stocked...any guesses?

1. Default Mystery Lake in San Bern just got stocked...any guesses?

http://sdfish.com/freshwater/setting...-barrett-take/

A bunch of fish (250 bass from 1-3lbs) were moved from the very popular Barret Lake in San Diego to an unspecified lake in the San Bernardino National Forest. That lake supposedly has a overpopulation of crappie problem. Any guesses?

Silverwood, Arrowhead, Big Bear, Green Valley, Gregory, Jenks?

It would be pretty dirty for them to move them to Arrowhead, not exactly a "public" lake as was claimed in the article.
    I wouldn't be surprised if its Big Bear.

My money bet would be Big Bear Lake...

The release said they were released into a "small lake". There's three I can think of....

I'll put my money on Gregory.

Arrowhead actually has a problem with too many bass. They've been encouraging anglers to keep SMB 6-12 inches. Would love to hear it was Big Bear, though. That lake needs some love.

Was at green valley lake Wednesday and the guy at the tackle mentioned that the crappie are everywhere. also bass are all over the place

Hopefully there will be a population of Northerns, instead of their finicky cousins, that the DFG can use for broodstock in the upcoming future.

Some may argue that posts like these reduce that probability.

Lost Lake for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Hopefully there will be a population of Northerns, instead of their finicky cousins, that the DFG can use for broodstock in the upcoming future.

Some may argue that posts like these reduce that probability.
    x2. Florida strains are bigger, but man are they annoying to tempt once they get bigger.

Sounds like green valley lake. I remember a few years back they were encouraging people to fish crappies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast