Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ralph Clark park

Quote Originally Posted by chatmar View Post
    Can these lakes be fished at night? You must be going by Rainbow. What's test line and set up do you recommend for fishing these lakes? Will you fish straight meal worms or will you use marshmallows and meal worms? Any advice is appreciated. I have never fished a city lake. Thanks
    That lake is easy, they only bite 4 things. 6 pound test is perfect, you can even bounce them on that pound test. Mealworms on a bobber 7-8 feet deep is my first choice of bait. MM is good if your bottom fishing and Shrimp on or off the bobber is the 2nd best bait in there. Mackerel will work pretty good and sometimes nightcrawlers and that it folks!!! That's every thing you need to know except for location. You got to find them and hope you find them first. If not you'll be watching other people put on a poaching contest. Frustrating for sure!!!!! They do sometimes try to enforce the 1 pole deal, just go ya ya ya till they leave!!!! lol They do stay open till 9:00 pm.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-03-2016 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I should be there by 1 pm. The truck usually arrives between 11:30 am and 2:00 pm. 95% of all the thousands of catfish I've pulled out of that lake have come on the bobber. But I always have a bottom pole with me just in case.
    I've been here about an hr and don't think it's been stocked yet. No signs of fish

At Clark or Cerritos?

I read somewhere Cerritos is having the kids derby today. If it is like other parks they stock a lot on friday and friday (yesterday) is a no fishing day.

Just to make it clear, "NO STOCKING occurred at Ralph B. Clark park." I sat there all Friday afternoon like Linus in a Charlie Brown Halloween special waiting for the Great Pumpkin to appear. Just like Linus I was sadly disappointed!!! Let me vent for a minute, they had this date on their web site for over 6 months. Which means those fish should have been bought and paid for and delivered ON TIME!!!!! To act like well it was just a thought is a load of crap!!!!!!! Yes they are having a Kid's derby in a couple of weeks. But the Orange county park that seems to come through more often then not is Carbon Canyon. My hats off to them!!!!!

Went to Ralph on Friday as well and fished for bass in the lily pAd lake waiting for the stocking. No bites throwing a senko. Took my gfs son and his cousin to the Cerritos fishing derby. Never seen that many people in my life...not even at the pay lakes. We were there all day and managed two on fly lined shrimp in the fountain lake on top.

Was frustrating watching this 15-20 foot section with like 30 people crammed shoulder to shoulder pull out fish every 30 seconds. I saw so many people leave with 20+ fish and coolers just jam packed. Even with 1 officer enforcing limits there would have been more than enough for everyone. Or even just checking licenses. I guarantee at least 50% of people fishing did not have a fishing license.

Looked like the hot bait was m and m combo.

Lmao. Never seen so many tangled lines. There were both sides of the lake playing tug of war with 4 lines tangled up at a time. Yelling at each other across the lake......."Open up your bail!!! No!!! YOU open up YOURS!!"

Good times.
    Last edited by gokuguy; 06-05-2016 at 11:34 AM.

All fish gone! 60guys today. Seen only 4fish!!

Once again oc parks is scheduled to stock Mile square this week. Anyone gonna head down there and see if they stocked it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12