Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ralph Clark park

Default Ralph Clark park

Saw on ocparks.com that Ralph Clark was supposed to get 600lbs of catfish this week. Is this true? Can anyone tell me what days they usually stock?

Quote Originally Posted by mako chaser View Post
    Saw on ocparks.com that Ralph Clark was supposed to get 600lbs of catfish this week. Is this true? Can anyone tell me what days they usually stock?
    Consider they only stock a couple of times a year, it's hard to say if there is a pattern. The question really is have they stocked yet this week???? As of yesterday the answer is the same as Hook having any brain cells still alive!!!!! lol

Default Stock unknown

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Consider they only stock a couple of times a year, it's hard to say if there is a pattern. The question really is have they stocked yet this week???? As of yesterday the answer is the same as Hook having any brain cells still alive!!!!! lol
    I have messaged the facebook page for OC parks. They said its likely an error though I did receive an email from park staff confirming there will be a stock this week but they hadn't seen the truck yet. Email the park directly from their website. Conflicting information, if not stocked then going to Cerritos derby but Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by georatm2011 View Post
    I have messaged the facebook page for OC parks. They said its likely an error though I did receive an email from park staff confirming there will be a stock this week but they hadn't seen the truck yet. Email the park directly from their website. Conflicting information, if not stocked then going to Cerritos derby but Sunday.
    I will be there Saturday and Sunday. Kinda trying to away from the crowd though. Hoping they get a plant tomorrow.

I will be there Saturday and Sunday. Kinda trying to away from the crowd though. Hoping they get a plant tomorrow.
    At cerrritos or at Clark?

Quote Originally Posted by georatm2011 View Post
    It's logical to assume since the Truck comes a long way, they can get the Economy of scale by hitting both parks on the same day!!!! They won't cancel the derby so my money is on that Ralph B. get's hit early Friday afternoon. I'm taking my own bet and hitting Compton in the morning for a 1,000 meal worms. See everybody at the lake!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    It's logical to assume since the Truck comes a long way, they can get the Economy of scale by hitting both parks on the same day!!!! They won't cancel the derby so my money is on that Ralph B. get's hit early Friday afternoon. I'm taking my own bet and hitting Compton in the morning for a 1,000 meal worms. See everybody at the lake!!!!!
    Very logical lol. What time you headed over to Ralph Clark?

Can these lakes be fished at night? You must be going by Rainbow. What's test line and set up do you recommend for fishing these lakes? Will you fish straight meal worms or will you use marshmallows and meal worms? Any advice is appreciated. I have never fished a city lake. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chatmar View Post
    Can these lakes be fished at night? You must be going by Rainbow. What's test line and set up do you recommend for fishing these lakes? Will you fish straight meal worms or will you use marshmallows and meal worms? Any advice is appreciated. I have never fished a city lake. Thanks
    I usually fish til the sun goes down. Use anywhere from 4-6 pound test. I always have a couple baits weather it be meal worms,shrimp,etc. sometimes they hit better with a bobber and meal worms. I personally like to have a variety

Very logical lol. What time you headed over to Ralph Clark?
    I should be there by 1 pm. The truck usually arrives between 11:30 am and 2:00 pm. 95% of all the thousands of catfish I've pulled out of that lake have come on the bobber. But I always have a bottom pole with me just in case.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-03-2016 at 08:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast