Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fishers Landing (Lost / hidden lake) Question...

Default Fishers Landing (Lost / hidden lake) Question...

Well as in my other post I reported fishing out of Fishers Landing this past weekend. The lakes looked a lot bigger on google earth and on the map! A couple of buddies went to the left up river while I concentrated on going to the Right and fished down river. One of them told me about a narrow channel that they ventured down and it opened up to a beautiful lake / lagoon that was teaming with fish and clear water. I would like to know just how to find this place, he said that he remembered a 200 foot cliff face? and a white colored "dome rock" does this ring any bells with anyone out there? After the wild time maneuvering around all the boat traffic I finally packed up and started home, I made it as far as Blythe, I could not help myself, I had to try fishing the back water canals of Blythe, unfortunately it was slower than slow, seen a few fellow anglers out there but they all reported the same... Slow on the bite. I suppose that all the laud boat traffic startled the fish, no idea where they ended up going, it's not like they can pack a suitcase and leave the area...
    Any ways if anyone out there has any idea where this little canal / lake is out of Fishers I sure would appreciate a little direction!

Follow the "Yellow Brick Road", I mean the yellow line 1.47 mi south of Fishers Landing. You can find it on Google Earth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot5.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	48521

Awesome, so you think this is the place that my buddies were fishing? Is called castle dome? As I do not have an odometer on my boat, going 1.47 miles is going to be a bit tricky. But I figure that if I simply calculate my speed up river I should be able to find it. Once again, I thank you for your assistance. The lakes and landing were a lot smaller than I pictured them to be.

It's not a very good screen shot but you can see Castle Dome Landing in the pic. It's just south of Fishers Landing and there is a channel there. I would go further down and make the cut yo the lake. Go To Google Earth and take a look around.

No matter how I try, I can't seem to get to google earth. But This really sounds like the place! I'm going to go down again in like 2 weeks. It was hot in the days, but camping in my tent worked out great after like 10 PM it cooled down considerably, I actually had to get into my sleeping bag cause I got too cold.

Okay, just got a text message... Looks like I never really found either lake Martinez or Ferguson lakes, just the lagoon at Fishers and a shallow lake lined with houses. Turns out that the other guys actually did find the big lakes. Now I'm going to have to do some research on the place, or possibly hire a guide to lead me around the place. Do you know of any guide services that I can pay to simply show me around. I would like to just pay them and follow them in my boat to the various fishing holes. I learn best when I drive in myself as opposed to going on someone's boat. Please let me know if you know of any reputable guides in that area.

It's called Andrew Lake and I haven't been there in years.

Well I just went and did it! I just ordered the Yeti Tundra 210 ice cooler with (2) 4 pound ice packs, so now I am once again itching to try out my latest toys. I also bought another baitrunner 2500, I just love the Baitrunner 4000 for fishing for the cats, I wanted an even smaller version for using 10 - 12 pound line, the reel I ordered comes with an extra spool, so I will fill 1 with 10 pound and the second with 12 pound line and then the 4000 with 15 pound, I also have a 4500, which I have spooled with braided line and an 8000 also with braid, now I just can't wait to get back out there and give them all a go! Thanks DF for the name of the lake. Now the guys tell me that the better place was found while heading into Ferguson lake and it had a little shore to park and get out at. I need to find out how to get to that place as well, As it turns out I never did find either Ferguson, or even Martinez lakes. I went to the right out of Fishers landing for about a football field distance, on my left was the sand bar and there were 3 buoys marking a no wake zone, there were a lot of nice houses all around the shores and the water levels were no deeper than 6 feet and brown water. As I went further to the right following the river there was an opening to another small water way that was also only about 6 feet deep at the deepest. I'm afraid that I did not venture out enough or ask the right people where to go! I really want to find the real lakes down there and get into some of those deeper pools. So once again I am asking for directions!

Name:	ferguson.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	48537
    Ferguson

Name:	Martinez launch.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	48538
    Martinez Lake Launch Ramp

Name:	Martinez.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	48539
    Entrance to Martinez Lake

Here you go DD. These are aerials of Martinez, Ferguson and Fishers Landing
    Last edited by sweetfish; 06-02-2016 at 08:00 AM.

Thanks much to you all, Devore Flyer walked me through how to get on google earth. I have looked around there and now I can see just where I was and where I think my friends were talking about! Turns out that I had only fished Martinez, and the back water canal entrance to Ferguson lake. When I did get into Martinez the water looked really muddy and no more than 6 feet deep in the areas that I fished. The entrance to Ferguson was much clearer. I think that I will try Andrews lake next time and then go straight from there to the main lake of Ferguson. Going to look around at Blythe and see if I can find any more back waters there. I have found 3 so far 2 are directly across from each outher and the third is about 6 miles down river to the south and west.