Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Rods

Default Rods

Where do you guys keep your rods? I have some in the truck, boat, garage, & storage shed. Depends on what type of fish I'm targeting.

MM

Hey Mark,how ya doin,all mine are kept in garage up overhead on a home made rod rack,I admit they will get dusty if not used often, S/W to the left F/W to the right,approx 20 rods and reels.

Cya Tuna Vic

2 in my car at all times the rest on a rod cart i got as a gift a while back

MarkyMark,

I was pulling my boat out of the garage at 4:00 am a month ago and ended up breaking the handles on a Gloomis CB stick and a Rainshadow RX 8 spinning rod. They were leaning against the front corner of the garage, (with their handles sticking out), and I couldn't see the left side trailer tire and ran up onto the handles. I knew immediately what had happened when I heard the "snap"! I was able to repair both rods since I build custom rods. It was definitely time to do something different than lean them in the corner.

So, I just bought two ceiling racks from Bass Pro Shop, which were on sale. They only cost $14.97 each and are oak...what a deal! They each hold 11 rods. I am out of space on the walls of my garage so the ceiling racks were my only solution. They work great and I couldn't have built the racks for what I paid for them.
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 05-30-2016 at 10:57 AM.

As several have mentioned, a basic rod stand isn't expensive. If you're the type to look at a rod rack somewhere and say, "heck, i can make it for less," then this is the project for you.

I know peeps who will lay their 12 rod and reels against a corner in their garage and then blame the manufacturer for the blank being crooked. Or the infamous, "put the hook on the largest guide and reel in till the rod looks like a question mark and throw them on the boat."

Then again, I know people suffering from OCD who still own the same rod they purchased in 1975. Hoarders?

Just bought my second one of these ... stands in the corner and I just pick up the rack and load it in the rear of my SUV

Only disappointed that the new ones are white. It was dirty before I finished assembly

http://www.cabelas.com/product/angle...t=anglers+tote

I used to have them all leaning in two corner of the room, one corner for fresh and the other corner for salt. I couldn't find anything to buy that satisfied me and I wanted to tidy things up so I built my own. I built two rod racks Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	48515one for salt and the other for fresh.

Here it is after staining it.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	99 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	48517Click image for larger version. 

Views:	99 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	48517

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Hey Mark,how ya doin,all mine are kept in garage up overhead on a home made rod rack,I admit they will get dusty if not used often, S/W to the left F/W to the right,approx 20 rods and reels.

Cya Tuna Vic
    Vic doing good. Thought about a wall mounted PVC rack

BassingPLS-- I'm guilty of that too! Rods in corner of garage
    DS-- I looked at stand rod racks & they do look simple...another project
    Shiro-- Very nice! Beautiful

I would like to mount them on the wall, I do have space but 15 rods
    Thanks for the replies...BTW, how do I respond to multiple responses on one page?

MM