Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Silverwood Bass fishing

Default Silverwood Bass fishing

I am going to Silverwood this weekend. New to the area any tips for bass?

Wrong place to be going to this weekend it will be a zoo on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Wrong place to be going to this weekend it will be a zoo on steroids.

What he said....if you go, expect long lines to get in....long lines to put your boat in...more boats racing around the coves and longer lines to get your boat out and very high concentration of very inebriated boat drivers and truck drivers. Other then that....should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    What he said....if you go, expect long lines to get in....long lines to put your boat in...more boats racing around the coves and longer lines to get your boat out and very high concentration of very inebriated boat drivers and truck drivers. Other then that....should be fun.
    So then kinda like the identical conditions you'll find in every body of water in SoCal.

Joy!

Lake Lice Grande Mucho No Bueno this weekend. Hit it early and bail early.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar113 View Post
    I am going to Silverwood this weekend. New to the area any tips for bass?
    LoneStar,

I fished a small bass club tournament at Silverwood on Sunday May 15th. I talked with the buddy who won the tournament and asked him where / how he caught his fish, (I only had one "keeper" in the tournament).

He told me he fish the whole day along the rock wall on the right side as you head into Cleghorn Cove. He used a D/S rod with a Margarita Mutilator Robo Worm. He said the fish were suspending along the rock wall in deeper water, say 20' to 30'. Plus this area is in the 5 mph zone, so you don't have to deal with the water lice zooming past you at 40 mph. Just about everyone who fished the tournament were using the D/S rod with various colored worms. Personally, I don't think a guy can go wrong wetting the MM-III Robo worm. It seems to be a good choice about every where.
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 05-28-2016 at 07:03 AM.

There are multiple walls a silverwood and they all hold bass. And some big ones too

Crowds were not bad yesterday but with warmer weather expected I's say today and tomorrow will be nuts. Either fish early or late.