Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: First time....

Default First time....

Heading up to BBL this weekend for the first time. My kid and I will be fishing from our float tubes mostly for trout.

Anyone willing to share some decent areas to target trout? I've talked to a couple of people and it seems like north shore from the damn to windy point is our best bet.

Thoughts???

Fish for bass if you want trout go to green valley lake, always done better there.

I don't quite know what to say about Albert B's post but Big Bear is a fantastic trout lake with lot's of beautiful holdover and healthy trout. From a tube I'd launch from the north shore about a 1/2 mile past the dam, there is parking there and easy shore access. Kick parallel from shore about 50 yards out back and forth between the house on the shore and the no boat bouy line. Also across the lake by what normally is an island with a house on it (water level has been low no island last I checked) you can target trout there and also there is a spot by the island that almost always contains good numbers of crappie.

Thanks Albert but I am going to give BBL a shot. I have fished GVL before and had really good luck but want to take our tubes out and can't use them on GVL.

Seal, thanks for the good info! I was looking at parking at the west ramp and kicking towards the damn... Is that about where you were talking?

Quote Originally Posted by FishinUSA View Post
    Thanks Albert but I am going to give BBL a shot. I have fished GVL before and had really good luck but want to take our tubes out and can't use them on GVL.

Seal, thanks for the good info! I was looking at parking at the west ramp and kicking towards the damn... Is that about where you were talking?
    You could actually park closer to the dam in the dirt areas but the fish should bite all along that shoreline. I prefer fly fishing with black woolly buggers but Thomas Bouyants and all the usual stuff will work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    You could actually park closer to the dam in the dirt areas but the fish should bite all along that shoreline. I prefer fly fishing with black woolly buggers but Thomas Bouyants and all the usual stuff will work just fine.
    Thanks!!!

I will let you know how it goes!