Took a small group up to my perch nirvana this last Sunday. We arrived at the park at 4:30AM, and did our long walk in the moonlight to the zone. Conditions when we arrived were low tide, green water, clean in places, kelped out in others, and an incoming tide for our day.
Our tournament consisted of trying to catch the 3 largest perch (measured in inches) photographed, and released. I was throwing the LC 110 FM in metallic Ayu.
We all quickly spread out, and fished in earnest. The bite started out slow, but as the tide rose, the bite did materialize. Most of the group caught a few fish, but it was not wide open by any means. Around 11:00, the wind got with the program, and most had started walking back. Conditions were deterioriating quickly, with large chunks of kelp being pulled back into the surf. I persevered, and found a few nice fish around some boiler rocks. Arthur (Wingnut) and I pounded the boilers, and right after I mentioned that I had caught a striper here last year, he got bit on a small striper, which he was skipping over the surface, saw the stripes,yelled "its a striper!" hesitated for a second, and that was that lol. Another angler also had one on that released at his hand.

My buddy Dave also made a location vid which shows our conditions.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dnTMNQ...ature=youtu.be

Back at the camp ground, all of us compared notes. Largest 3 fish measured 43 inches, with 2 15's. I ended up with 42 inches, taking 2nd. I caught about 30 fish for my effort. And, as always, we all had a great lunch at the shop after Very Happy.

More added photos (courtesy of Wingnut).