Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pan fish for perris?

Default Pan fish for perris?

I plan to go to lake perris kn thrusday, bass in the morning after that wanna try bluegills or crappies. Im not really sure about where and how to catch those panfishes in lake perris. Anyone wanna give me some advise? BTW the last two trips at lake perris i manage to caught two bass each trip. Talked to ppl around and all says it is pretty slow for the whole month or may.

caught some big panfish on tailspins. was targeting bass mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJames View Post
    I plan to go to lake perris kn thrusday, bass in the morning after that wanna try bluegills or crappies. Im not really sure about where and how to catch those panfishes in lake perris. Anyone wanna give me some advise? BTW the last two trips at lake perris i manage to caught two bass each trip. Talked to ppl around and all says it is pretty slow for the whole month or may.
    Jigs tipped with crickets... small jigs work better. Crickets are the key...

How's the crappie situation there? I've only ever seen them caught at the docks, and I hear the population is not as large as other lakes.

There are some monster panfish in Perris. I caught this specimen there a couple of weeks ago on a crankbait. It weighed almost a pound.

My son caught this one last year and it weighed 1.1lbs (he's always outdoing me, lol). I believe it was caught on a Super Fluke Jr.

On a separate note, my coangler caught another line in the water out behind the island a couple of weeks ago. It was attached to a stick bobber on one end and a GIANT, NASTY snapping turtle on the other. This sucker was about 18x24" or so and PISSED, lol. I managed to get it to the surface and cut the line about 2" from its mouth - and I still managed to keep all 10 digits, lol. I wish I got pictures of this thing. It was fugly.
    Last edited by Baja1ab; 05-25-2016 at 12:18 AM.

I managed to get only one ding today behind the island with jighead. The weed is all over and very tall now. The water level even lower than before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	48476  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	133 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	48551Click image for larger version. 

Views:	137 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	48550Click image for larger version. 

Views:	149 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	48548Click image for larger version. 

Views:	149 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	48548
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJames View Post
    I managed to get only one ding today behind the island with jighead. The weed is all over and very tall now. The water level even lower than before.
    I'm

The water is dropping! Got 5 today on plastic worms and thin senkos on light jig head... 1/15 oz. Fish in 12 - 15 feet of water at the weed line... Two fish hit while I was texting.... Off the water at 1100 because it reached 95 degrees and still rising... Water temp was 74 at 745 and 80 when I left at 1100.
    Last edited by khanhqpham; 06-03-2016 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    How's the crappie situation there? I've only ever seen them caught at the docks, and I hear the population is not as large as other lakes.
    It used to be epic if you knew where to look ;)

Low water levels, lack of recruitment, has really affected that population. But they'll be back, and it will be good again.

For Crappie I'd look elsewhere.

Thanks for the tip. When I do hear of those tasty panfish they're usually reports of larger models. It's almost as if there aren't any small ones in the lake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast